Freeware Global Airport Packs and existing payware airports

So I have a dumb question regarding the installation of the NA Global Airport Pack.....if I have a payware airport already installed with the same identifier, will installing the Global Airport Pack affect the airport from showing up properly?  For example...I have FSDreamteams PHLI installed on my machine.  But PHLI is also included with the NA Global Airport pack.  I'd prefer to use FSDreamteams version.  Is there anything I need to do to prevent one from interfering with the other? 

What I have started to do is search for the offending airport and find where the files are. Then I rename them XXXXX.bgl.off That way they are still there and if necessary, reused by renaming them again to xxxxx.bgl and turning the other files off.

• 1 month later...

So what about FTX airport conflicts?  I have KSEZ payware and I'm about to install the latest NA Freeware pack which also contains KSEZ.  Just curious.  Thanks.

Scratch that.  The PDF associated with the NA Freeware Pack explains:  "Italic → not installed by this version’s installer as the airport is now available as a separate payware release or part of a Region pack; e.g. KBHB" 

KSEZ is italicized therefore won't be installed with the Freeware Pack.

Apologies and thanks.

Archived