ESSA latest update problems.

After updating to ESSA version 1.05, my installation has no approachlights (3D objects daytime and no lights at night), center/TD zone lights (no lights at night). and no runway edgelights (no lights at night). Any suggestions? Is there a full version 1.05 to download for reinstallation? Everything else seems normal. I am running P3D v3.35 (patched from v.3.1 with the latest "client" update).

Thanks

Hey Steve,

Hm, let's see what we can do.

You've got the approach light & runway light objects but not the lights, is that correct? I guess your taxilights are working?

Can you try opening the FTX Central 2 and the ESSA config tool and change the option Statics on/off (depending on what you had it set to) to the opposite and see if it works then? Might be that one file didn't update for some reason.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I only have the runway light objects (the White edge lights) but without lighting effect at night. Taxi lights are working. I tried the "static" on/off trick but nothing happened. Advise needed.

Steve

The new light is controlled by the AFCAD.

One thing that I guess could create a problem is that if you have another AFCAD for Arlanda running in the same time.

Do you run MyTraffic or any other traffic addon, or have updated the AFCAD, or used to have the Aerosoft Arlanda version installed?

You could also try, if not done that yet, to reinstall Arlanda and the update. Sometimes the easiest possible solutions are the ones working.

Hi.

I had same problem, no runway lights after updating 1.05

My problem was the Marcus is pointing at. I hade made a smal adjustment of the AFCAD from v1.00 that was saved in a higher priority. 

Solution was to delete it and install update 1.05 and remaking my smal adjustment from the new AFCAD that comes with v1.05.

Now everything is just fine.

Thanks Metthos for helping out!

Glad it worked out for you,

Steve, is this maybe something you recognize as well?

A small extra feature with the new light by the way is that it will now also turn on in fog and low visibility, I hope you will like it! :) (as soon as we get it working for you, that is)

Thanks, I will try reinstalling/updating. Yes I did adjust the AFCAD to not have AI aircraft do u-turns on the runways.

I also found the 5 "app" bgl's in OFF mode (app19L.bgl, etc.). Should this be the new version of lights? Only generic AFCAD lights? 

Steve

Yes, as with P3D v3.2 the lights we already had stopped working in the way we intended them to look. When trying out different solutions we found this to be the best, even if we recognized the "issue" and could get the old ones to work as well.

We found them, in combination with the light objects, to be the best result for the airport. This is however not possible with the FSX engine, why the lights are using different methods for FSX/P3D.

They trigger with bad visibility and are basically set whenever the conditions demand it. The runway objects were placed as per the generic lights so they should pretty much match the placement as well, even if they might have a slight floating effect.

The taxilights are however not generic.

In beta testing this was very much apprieceted. Hope you will feel the same way!

Marcus, thanks for your reply and explanations. However, I will revert back to version 1.0, even though the lights have problems. I prefer the 3D light objects.

I understand the issues because I am part of the RC Design Team for Gothenburg airport (ESGG). However, we are very close releasing a version 3 of the scenery, with new 3D Approach lights, 3D Threashold lights and 3D Edge lights. Getting the "halo light effect" on all these lights has been a big challenge, but it can be done (FSX and P3Dv.3.x).

I hope you guys find a similar solution in the future, because ESSA is a masterpiece:)

Steve

Archived