FTX Global Installer freezes

fisheye

After a C: HDD Failure I am reinstalling from scratch on Windows 7 -64bit.  I have down\loaded my purchases and started to reinstall the first title FTX Global v140.  I have not been able to get the FTX Global Base wrapper to finish unwrapping the installer, it seems to freeze for longer than 30 min and I have to shut it down..  See screenshot attached.   I never had this problem before and don't know how to overcome this issue.  Any thoughts would be appreciated,  fisheye

freezing at unwrapping installer.JPG

Hi Fisheye,

I don't think it has frozen, it can take hours to unwrap a file that size. To check, when you get to the point you think it has frozen open Task Manager (ctrl/alt delete) look in Resource Monitor/disc and you will probably see that it is writing to your temp file at a very pedestrian rate, in my case between 150-300 KB/sec. Don't ask me why it's such a pathetically slow rate but that seems to be the way it is, you might even have to leave it unwrapping over night.

Good luck,

Peter

Peter is right. A search of the forum will reveal that several members are affected by this, however nobody has been able to identify the cause - just seems to affect a few PC setups.

Hopefully for those affected it will soon be a thing of the past when the new ORBX direct shop comes along in a couple of months. I understand this will do away with the wrapper.

Meantime there seems to be nothing for it except to let the wrapper do its work for a few hours.

Cheers

Jack

Archived