Canberra City Scape

flyguy737

I bought this city scape today from FSS and must say its very impressive indeed thanks ORBX team. One question is can anyone tell me if there is a difference in performance with the old FSX boxed version I have and the Steam version of FSX?

Colin

Some say there is.  I tried FSX SE and found it to be of no benefit, and with its quirkiness with TrackIR and EZCA and install paths I reverted to plain old FSX Gold, which is still performing beautifully.  I now have the GTX 970 with the i7-4790K at 4.6 GHz and I run Cityscape at 3840 x 2160, and get acceptable frame rates with sliders full right in all but the most demanding views and situations.  Note that Active Sky Next will often drop the fps into the teens but if you look at how incredibly detailed the landscape is it's quite easy to say to myself "I'll put up with the slow fps in this view just for the incredible realism".

sounds good John thanks for the info re FSX SE didnt think there was much difference however P3D v3.3 is a big FPS increase over FSX so if you havn't looked into it go get it I am glad I did. I just bought ASCA and Active Sky 16 for P3D too and very happy with the result.

Cheers

Colin

5 hours ago, flyguy737 said:

sounds good John thanks for the info re FSX SE didnt think there was much difference however P3D v3.3 is a big FPS increase over FSX so if you havn't looked into it go get it I am glad I did. I just bought ASCA and Active Sky 16 for P3D too and very happy with the result.

Cheers

Colin

Everything is system-dependant isn't it?  I get similar to maybe better fps around Canberra with FSX over P3DV3 and on top of that I like the look of the FSX rendition better, a softer transition from autogen to none.  P3DV3 does have better shadows etc so it is worth fiddling with as time goes on and maybe I will find a sweet spot that out performs FSX, but just at the moment I haven't found it.

Archived