FTX Global install error

FredricG

Recently, I have had some errors in FSX Steam edition that required me to completely delete and re-install FSX Steam, all my addons, including the 3 ORBX FTX products I bought (FTX Global, Global Vector, and Trees HD). However, upon the re-installation of FSX Steam, I proceeded to re-download and begin re-installing the first of the three, FTX Global. The unwrapping went fine and I went to the setup. However, when FTX Central opened to apply the FTX Global group (Had to delete that too), I got this error: "FTX Central has encountered an unrecoverable error: The invocation of the constructor type on 'Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. The details have been saved to your desktop as ftxc_error_199.txt."

Upo exiting FTX Central, where it gave the directory to install FTX Global, was grayed out and I could not change where it could be installed other than C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\. Obviously, since I do not own normal FSX, it is not located in that directory.

What is happening??? :wacko::(

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I think you can ignore the first error message unless it persists after you have

installed the latest libraries.

For the second, try a visit to this page, download the FSX Registry Utility and

use it to amend the registry entry so that it points to where your copy of FSX-SE

now is.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I think you can ignore the first error message unless it persists after you have

installed the latest libraries.

For the second, try a visit to this page, download the FSX Registry Utility and

use it to amend the registry entry so that it points to where your copy of FSX-SE

now is.

Thanks! I do have the latest orbx libraries installed, but I don't know how to fix the FTX Central error... Is there a way I can re-download FTX Central?

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I am at a loss to understand how you can have the latest libraries installed if the

installer is pointing to the wrong location.

Because before I erased FSX:SE, I downloaded the latest libraries from FTX Central before deleting everything. 

Also, I fixed the install issue, but FTX Central can't seem to locate scenery.cfg.

If you installed the latest libraries and then deleted your simulator, you deleted the

libraries with it.

If you "fixed the install issue" using my link, then you will need to install to FSX, not FSX-SE.

You also need FTX Central to look for FSX and not FSX-SE, as the scenery.cfg files are not in the same

location.

Perhaps you might have a look at the pinned topics at the top of the FSX Steam Edition forum.

Archived