orbx freeware traffic

Hi all, could someone please school me a bit on the freeware traffic add on?  I am contemplating going between it, Traffic 360 or even Ultimate Traffic? but don't really know what the best one or combo ?? might be -

do they all effectively do the same, in adding extra airline traffic - planes and schedules to my skies? - does the freeware maybe not have as much 'content' as the Traffic360 - and could it run along with or can you just run one traffic program typically?

sorry for the stupid questions ... I love the orb ftx packages but don't know best option in this case to get more virtual realism in my skies

thanks in advance, regards, Ron

Hi Ron, the ORBX freeware AI traffic addons are not worldwide, they only cover specific regions:

- AU AI Traffic adds airliner and GA traffic to Australia and New Zealand (and parts on PNG)

- NA GA Traffic adds only GA traffic mainly to the FTX PWN / NRM / CRM areas

So if you want worldwide coverage, you need a traffic addon from another vendor. In theory you can run the ORBX freeware traffic together with other traffic addons, but that might give you way too much traffic in some areas.

As a guide for you, I have MyTraffic 6 installed for P3D + I have the freeware NA & AU traffic. When flying in AU & NZ I have MyTraffic disabled as the freeware AU Traffic provides plenty of GA & airline traffic, so it does not become overloaded as it would if i had MT6 enabled as well.Regarding flying in NA I use both MT6 and freeware NA GA traffic, since no airliners are in NA traffic MT6 covers that. I then set GA to a low level percentage and get a mix of Mt6 GA & freeware GA traffic. All works fine.

thanks jjaycee1 - sorry is my traffic 6 a different traffic set up than traffic360? I will go google it and give it all a go maybe.

I would like some very good ga traffic for NA as well as some busy and varied 'big plane' traffic at CYVR to show off FS dream team airport and the gsx ground service activity too, when I fly by

regards, Ron

Archived