school me on installers please and thanks

Jbaran

hi all, I just recently switched from fsx to p3d and am going through reinstall of my orbx ftx items

I have pnw up properly now and went and installed first few of my orbx airports

although I have p3v v3 my airports downloads (which were older ) only gave option of p3d v2 ... not knowing any better I went ahead and installed them and the seem?? to be working fine

however, I am wondering if I download again from fs store, will they now have an option for p3d v3 at install and should I redo them properly with that?/

if so, how do I simply, and cleanly / correctly remove the airports I put in under v2, so I can redo them

any advice much appreciated

thanks, Ron

Hi, Ron

13 hours ago, Jbaran said:

however, I am wondering if I download again from fs store, will they now have an option for p3d v3 at install and should I redo them properly with that?/

Most of our airport installers will offer the P3Dv3 option, you can see a full list of our P3Dv3 compatible products here: https://fullterrain.com/sim/p3dv3

13 hours ago, Jbaran said:

if so, how do I simply, and cleanly / correctly remove the airports I put in under v2, so I can redo them

Most of our airports you can just remove the airport directories in the ORBX\FTX_AU, ORBX\FTX_NA, ORBX\FTX_EU or ORBX\FTX_NZ directories. There's a full guide here: 

Although, if you have a Prepar3D v2 airport working in Prepar3D v3 and you can't notice any major issues (like buildings not on their footprints or missing buildings), then I wouldn't worry too much about using the v3 installers.

Archived