EU England rendering issues.

Neutrino

Hi.

I have FSX Deluxe Edition on Win7 x64. The only other addons I have are REX Essential plus Overdrive and FreeMeshX Europe.

I've just bought and installed FTX EU England. Installation was a faff but it appears to have completed successfully. Loading a flight new improved English scenery is present and looks great. I do however have some pretty serious issues.

Taking off from Biggin Hill the entire airport and the surrounding countryside for about a mile in all directions except the landing strip itself is water.

Doing a circuit of Headcorn in Kent from about mile out, if I look away from the and then back again the runways and perimter track are pure white and then a few seconds later the texture appears. It looks as if the airfield textures are being unloaded prematurely and then reloaded when I look back towards the airfield.

In the FSX Scenery Library all FTX entries are at the top of the list.

Unchecking FreeMeshX Europe has no effect.

Unchecking all FTX entries both problems go away.

Please advise.

Regards

Neut.

Order No: FSS0498870

I did.

I have fixed it now. I think it was REX that had a problem as it also wasn't injecting weather correctly.

I reinstalled everything including FSX but this time patched FSX up to SP2 before installing anything else and that appeared to fix it. Improved the performance noticably too.

I think the both the REX and FTX installers should really check for SP2, it would probably save a lot of trouble.

Archived