How to remove FTX Central 2 GROUP

Mach 2

Greetings,

I searched for answer but could not find.

I removed the Northern and Southern California regions and airports using Tim Harris's guides (Thank You) successfully.

However the empty North American "GROUP" remains in the FTX Central 2 menu. I simply want to know how do I remove it.

THANK YOU< Jack

Well, it appears that support is busy so I think I figured out what needed to be removed (I saved these just in case I have a problem and can put them back)

These were from the Scripts/FTXCentral/Regions folder and also in the Scripts/Unified/Regions folder...

northamerica.rgn

terrain_NA.cfg

terrain_NA.lc

The empty "North America" GROUPS (Shown below before removal) is now gone, however since I removed the Northern/Southern California regions and airports, I'm getting this error message occasionally. I guess this is because the Unified switching of scenery is still looking for the removed scenery. Seems the "How to remove" scenery posts need to be updated after the FTX Global Unified Lookup feature.

ORBX - after NA removal.jpg

So what else do I have to edit to fix this?

Jack

put  the  files  back in again  cant  see what the difference  was in removing  the  regions   for  anyway,  not  going  to  save  anything  for  you,  and  now  its  causing  more  issues  now

I removed them because I intend on getting the USA openLC shortly (when available) and saw no reason to have them both installed. I have another computer with FSX installed I can install the removed regions to. Keeping Oceania installed until Australia openLC becomes available down the road. Then I'll move that too.

There are also lots of people having problems with the "Error switching region" in the FTX Central 2 forum, so I'm confident ORBX will straighten it out. This should not happen just because you remove a region.

A full region has a lot more detail than  Open Land Class will ever have. All the airports in a "full" region air upgraded. You are making a mistake by removing regions! Read this-

Thanks for the guide link. LOL some of you guys get real sensitive about somebody removing a region! Relax! As I said I have two separate computers. I'm going to put the Global products on one (Which I'll fly airliners at 40,000 feet), and the Region products on the other (Which I'll buzz around in my RealAir Turbine Duke at lower altitudes).

Seriously, why would you have a landclass AND region in the same area?   

Archived