No Waterfalls in Yosemite in P3d

I have a issue where the waterfalls don't show up.  I have un installed it and then re installed it with no luck. I re ran the libraries, module installer and objectflow with all saying they are up to date. It works fine in FSX.   Josh

I have no specific knowledge regarding Yosemite, but guessing that the waterfall is an effect controlled by a .fx file, it would be helpful to know what your effect settings are in P3D and the distance to the waterfall.  If I may ask:

What version of P3D are you using? (V3.3 corrects an issue with the interaction between the effects quality setting and the effects distance setting but I doubt that’s the issue here.)  Does the waterfall appear if you are very close, say less than a kilometer? Have you confirmed that ObjectFlow is working in at least one other scenery area?

11 hours ago, Larry_R said:

I have no specific knowledge regarding Yosemite, but guessing that the waterfall is an effect controlled by a .fx file, it would be helpful to know what your effect settings are in P3D and the distance to the waterfall.  If I may ask:

What version of P3D are you using? (V3.3 corrects an issue with the interaction between the effects quality setting and the effects distance setting but I doubt that’s the issue here.)  Does the waterfall appear if you are very close, say less than a kilometer? Have you confirmed that ObjectFlow is working in at least one other scenery area?

Hi Larry  P3D 3.3.5  my effect settings are at ultra and yes Objectflow works everywhere else. I have ck the effects folder and all the entries are there. The waterfalls don't show up at all at any distance. If you got any other ideas let me know. This isn't a big deal. I am  just looking for a clue.  Josh

1 hour ago, TheGreenToad said:

Have you tried to delete the P3D shader cache (folder "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders")? P3D will automatically create a fresh one. Maybe this brings your waterfalls back.

I have tried all the tricks, looked in all the places but this one stumps me. If I could get a list of what entries are installed outside the ORBX folder would be helpful.  It is most likely something left over or a conflicting file from a old install before the P3D installer came out.

Well, maybe it's one of those things that cannot be explained. I have something like this as well: in some places specific textures are not displayed, although all necessary files are there. Nobody can reproduce or explain it. This is on a clean Windows installation, so there cannot be any leftovers. And I have also tried a lot of things to fix this. So I hope that someday you'll get your waterfalls back!

23 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Hi Larry  P3D 3.3.5  my effect settings are at ultra and yes Objectflow works everywhere else. I have ck the effects folder and all the entries are there. The waterfalls don't show up at all at any distance. If you got any other ideas let me know. This isn't a big deal. I am  just looking for a clue.  Josh

Josh, without knowing the details of how the waterfall actually works I don't have any suggestions at the moment. If you have the P3D SDK installed (it's free) you could use FXTool to run what you think is the effect used  to confirm that it actually works in the sim. At least that's a start. The only caveat is that you have to specify the full path to FXTool in your dll.xml.

Archived