Black boxes textures since re-installing FTX Global

boozeano

Hi there,

I’ve been using Orbx products and FSX for many years, mainly New Zealand NI and SI. Recently I bought and installed Global and PNG products, everything worked fine. Then very recently my computer had some problems which meant I had to install a new SSD hard drive. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home edition 64bit, FSX and Orbx products which I installed in this order, Global, PNG products, New Zealand SI, NI, England, Popham and Southampton airport. As far as I’m aware I have installed all the latest file libraries (FTX Central v2 prompted me to do this when I installed Global) and I’ve installed the latest service packs for both NZ NI and SI, taken off their product pages.

After installing all of these (back to back) I fired up the sim and did a quick flight out of Auckland, New Zealand and there were black boxes everywhere at ground level.

I’ve done a search on the forums and it appears to be something to do with DX10 and night lighting? Prior to my install, everything used to work fine with DX10 enabled (I have never used DX9 before).

Can anyone shed and light on this and how to fix, please? Thanks.

Hi Boozeano,

To receive Payware support you need to show at least one FSS order number for your Orbx products, in your forum signature or Avatar, Verified by staff.

Much light can be shed (pardon the pun) but order numbers first.

NZSI South Island

NZNI North Island

FTX GlobalBase

AYPY Jacksons Airport 

TAP Tapini

EU England

EGHP Popham

EGHI Southhampton

Thank you for the order number.

The probable reason for you not seeing this in the preview Direct X 10 mode is

that your products did not feature the Orbx lighting before you updated them.

There is a freeware fix at the Avsim Library,  shader_release_v3.2.3.zip.

There is a payware fix here.

You can run the simulator in Direct X 9 by un-ticking the Preview Direct X 10 box.

Archived