FS Global Error Message version 2

RodgerC

When opening FSX I get the following error message,

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\csa\SCENERY) Area 100 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\eur\SCENERY) Area 101 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\asi\SCENERY)  Area 102 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG flie error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\csa\SCENERY) Area 103 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\afr\SCENERY)  Area 104 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\ant\SCENERY) Area 105 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\nam\SCENERY) Area 106 not found in scenery area. Click ok to continue.

"Scenery.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (C:\FSGX2010\local meshes\SCENERY) Area 107 not found in scenery area.  Click ok to continue. 

(Notice the only difference in the error message is after FSGX2010.)                                                                                         

I must click "ok" on each error message then FSX opens and everything is fine.  Nick advised in a previous post I made about the same issue

that I should delete each area from the scenery section of FSX.  I did so but nothing changed.  I don't know what else to do.  I actually did try going into

the FSGX2010 scenery directory and tried to delete them from there but was unable.  Probably should not have tried that anyhow.  I really hope I don't

have to reinstall this scenery program.  I'm not real good at computers and it took about 5 hours or so to figure out how to get the scenery installed. 

Hoping someone can help me as I'm about to get the Oculus Rift, and FlyInside program and am afraid this is going to be a major problem.  Thanks

for any help you can give me. 

FSS0474829

You appear to have scenery library entries for Pilot's FS Global 2010 mesh.

The error messages mean that there are instructions in the scenery library

for the simulator to look at certain locations for the files but that the files are

no longer in the stored locations.

There are two choices, either the product should be re-installed, so that there

are again files in the recorded locations or the scenery library entries must be

deleted from the scenery library.

The deletion can be done in-game and if the entries are truly deleted, the error

messages cannot persist.

Thanks for the response Nick. I tried deleting them from the scenery library in game but they still keep popping up.  I guess the only alternative is to reinstall.  Is there any special instructions for a reinstall?  Should I delete the current copy of FS Global 2010 first then do a reinstall?  Thanks for your help.

Archived