Newfoundland, Canada...are these textures correct?

fltsimguy

Yesterday I was checking SimAddons airports and flew around eastern Canada.

I ended up over in Newfoundland.  I have Global installed, Vector installed, and UTX NA v2.

Would someone mind taking a moment and load up the area near Deer Lake CYDF, spring textures, as in the attached screenshots and confirm what textures you might be seeing.

Something doesn't look right to me. 

I have two concerns, one is the recent texture migration of unified Central and possible miss representation due to differences between UTX textures and Orbx.

Bryan

BRYAN_PC_2016_jun_15_037.jpg

BRYAN_PC_2016_jun_15_038.jpg

image upload with preview

This is what I see in P3Dv3.3.5   You didn't say which sim your screens were from though, so it may be different.  Do you have FTXVector installed?

I tried to get as close to your same shot but without seeing the airport it was hard to guess exactly where you were.  I use the decimal system for Lat/Long

2016-6-16_17-25-49-508.jpg

32 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

This is what I see in P3Dv3.3.5   You didn't say which sim your screens were from though, so it may be different.  Do you have FTXVector installed?

I tried to get as close to your same shot but without seeing the airport it was hard to guess exactly where you were.  I use the decimal system for Lat/Long

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Sorry it wasn't obvious, I put the FSX label on the TAG. However it is irrelevant to the issue.

OK Rob this is what I thought.  Your shot is what my textures looked like before i did the unified  migration.

I was very fearful that things are screwed up.  In particular I am now wondering if UTX which I use for its Vector info also contains textures and somehow they are being called instead of Orbx.  I have Vector as well and I make sure that UTX sits above the Vector to get the benefit of its vector info, this should not normally be and issue.

After I installed Global and Regions and also with SimAddons Atlantic airports installed I did flights over this area with the Global and hybid switch on and got similar results as you have shown.  It's now completely wrong.

What the heck do I do to fix this?  I'll post a link to this tread in the pinned one about unified textures.

Sorry I missed that tag!  I don't usually post in the forums much, but now I know to look for tags!

My screen is with OpenLC NA, the Canada/Greenland/Alaska part.  Not sure this would make much difference.   I'll keep an eye on the topic about unified textures and help if I can.  I wasn't part of the development team.

I solved the issue!

After careful review of all my scenery layers I found that UTX has landclass vegetation layers for Canada and Europe which conflict with Orbx OpenLC.  The issue is simply a compatibility issue some elements of UTX and Orbx landclass.

UTX vector elements must be above Orbx Vector for them to have priority over Vector but UTX also has several layers that are custom polys and these two landclass vegetation layers.

These landclass layers in UTX can be either removed or deactivated as they cause the wrong landclasses to be shown.

Thanks

Archived