Serious Problem After Migrating to New Version of Central 2

PaulSB

·         Hello,

I run FSX SE on Windows 10.  I installed KTEX Telluride yesterday and configured it following the instructions, followed by running airport elevation corrections, then I downloaded and installed LIBS 160528.  I went to open Central 2 this morning to check the region before flying from Telluride for the first time.  I got the message that a new version of Central 2 was available, so clicked the button to migrate to it.  I got the message to say it was being downloaded, then one to say it had been downloaded, so I clicked on the button to install it.  I then re-started my PC and clicked on the Central 2 short cut to have a look at the new version.  I got a message to say that the short cut no longer worked.

I presumed that I would find that Central 2 was accessible some other way and proceeded to start FSX, to fly from Telluride.  I got the message 'The 'terrain.cfg' file is missing or damaged.  Flight Simulator will run but some terrain may not display correctly.  Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file'.  I cancelled the message window and got a further message; 'The Lclookup.bgl file is missing or damaged.  Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file.  Flight simulator will now exit'.

I must say I am feeling shell shocked.  With 75 Orbx sceneries, with their updates, freeware, and a few still to install, this is a massive job, which will genuinely take weeks.  Help please.  What has gone wrong?  Is there any way that this can be resolved without having to reinstall?  If I have to do so, how can I know that this will not happen again?

In hope,

Paul

Archived