texture display around NZQN

capt sl

hello.

not sure if my texture is displaying normal or not in the image attached.

the sandbanks or whatever they are in the water seems  greenish  and other areas around it too has that light green tinge

this is during fall or winter

pic1.jpg

Interesting. I set up the same shot on my P3D system and the sandy areas were quite yellow (and realisic) - quite different to your pic.

However - after saving the pic and moving to my work PC, prior to uploading here, I noticed that the palette appeared to have changed - and I see an identical looking image to ours.

As far as I know, I don't have any shader type mods active in P3D so there must be something different about either my video or monitor settings on my P3D system.

This is not good - as I like to try and keep colour or monitor profiles across my PCs consistent. I often snap pics on one PC then rework them from another. I'll do some more investigation and report back!

Adam.

thx for your input Adam.

to be honest cant even remember if this has always been like that , I only looked cause of a post in another thread re the queenstown area after they did the lclookup update

summer/spring it displays as the light brown sandy color . this is only during winter/fall

I cycled through all the seasons (and corrected my monitor profiles while I as at it). Yes - the summer palette is definitely more yellow. I suppose the sand in winter wouldn't go *that* green, but it'd stand out like a sore thumb with the generally greener winter surroundings, so I don't mind it that much.

I've no idea how seasons are created in FS scenery: whether different sets of photo-real tiles are used or global palette changes applied (or a combination of the two) but I suspect there are some compromises along the way.

I've used FTX NZNI/NZSI since they came out and am generally delighted with the colouring - I think it looks realistic and works well. As you can imagine, I'm biased - but I do love it!

Adam.

Archived