KBHB Bar Harbor Shorelines

Ztimbre

Hello guys,

I picked up the Bar Harbour scenery, and it is absolutely gorgeous!  I am having issues with hydro-polys in three areas, and I am sure this is due to the fact that I am using Ultimate Terrain. Clearly, the FTX and default hydro-polys are a bit different than UT. I can confirm that all my Orbx entries are above UT.  I'm no stranger to scenery development, so I'm confident that all my settings/layers/etc. are correct, but if you have questions, I'm happy to adjust. 

Thanks!

Ryan

Egg Rock - Orbx.jpg

Egg Rock - UT.jpg

Hancock Point - Orbx.jpg

Hancock Point - UT.jpg

Oak Point - Orbx.jpg

Oak Point - UT.jpg

Hi Ryan,

I didn't target compatibility with UTX, KBHB was intended for use with either default FSX or Vector (I don't actually have UTX...).

There are a few things that might be able to resolve it, or at least achieve some sort of compatibility, I'd need to get a copy of UTX to tune it exactly.

Here are the CVX files included with KBHB and what each one does:

000_KBHB_base.BGL - exclusions, should probably be left on

CVX_KBHB_base.BGL - mostly flattens and exclusion areas for objects, I suspect this one can stay on

CVX_KBHB_default.BGL - adjustments for default FSX, one thing to try before disabling things is to go to the KBHB control panel and switch the compatibility from Vector to default. If that doesn't work disable this one and the Vector file

CVX_KBHB_traffic.BGL - road traffic, can stay on

CVX_KBHB_vector.BGL - adjustments for Vector, as above, if switching to default FSX compatibility does not work, disable this one and the default file

KBHB_base_EXT.BGL - extrusion bridges, can be left on

If you try these out and it doesn't work, report back and I might be able to make some tweaks to get it working together.

Hi Folks,

Concur - absolutely gorgeous...

Also a UTX2 user - also confirm same problems...

I did try disabling EVERY scenery item I have - including UTX in the scenery lib - and the problem was still present until I disabled KBHB... I then re-enabled all my scenery first and the problem didn't return until I turned KBHB back on...  I realize UTX modifies the default coastlines so it is present even when disabled in the lib...

I'll try the suggestions...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Archived