Orbx Airport Elevation Issues

Braun

Just came back to simming after about a 5 year hiatus.  Jumped feet first with P3d V3.2, Orbx Global, Pacific NW, and KORS / Orca Island. 

Everything exceeds my expectations with 30 FPS pretty much everywhere at the highest of settings.  That's not the problem, here is the problem.  The RWY at Orca has two 3 foot deep trenches on either side of the RWY, and the surrounding houses are well below the RWY surface.  It strikes me as an Airport Elevation Issue but I don't know where to start.

Global Base, Pacific NW and Orca Island.  NO VECTOR SOFTWARE, ORBX OR OTHER INSTALLED.  I mention vector because in looking similar issues to mine, but I don't have any vector roads installed, and for all purposes this is a fully clean install of P3d.

I'm attaching a screen shot looking screeny.pngat the elevated RWY from the left side of the Airfield

Thanks in advance,

Braun

I am just curious, because I have a similiar problem with ONE airfield and it is CYSJ.  Now, I had that set as my default loading airfield during my installation of some of my ORBX stuff.  Is that YOUR default airfield?!  I am just wondering if that has ANYTHING to do with that.  Because, like I said, it is the ONLY one I found I have a problem with so far.  It just seemed wierd/coincidental.

Bruce

h3, thank you for the good suggestion.  In the end I think it was similar, but different.  I tried I tried the suggested fix around bgl.off, but was unable to duplicate the fix that poster saw.  In the end I tried a combination of settings only not changing layer sequence, and was able to resolve the problem without knowing what exactly I did.  All is working now as expected, including KORS, which was my original nexus to this topic.

Team Orbx, I think your FTX Central's Scripts for scenery mgmt. need a bit of tweaking and perhaps some health checks, for they seem to be spotty at times.  Just and observation and suggestion, not a judgement or demand.

Thanks and best to all and very best to those who offered suggestions or advice.

Braun

screeny3.png

Archived