Blurry Textures - After takeoff

iGavB

Hi there,

This week I have had to reformat my PC and reinstall P3D V3 from the ground up, all was successful with the installs. However, after I take off from ANY aiport in ANY country my textures go blurry and remain that way for the entire flight, including landing. After landing the textures begin to, very slowly, pop back in again.

I have read around and obviously the first thing people are mentioning is that it may be the settings are too high for the PC to keep up with, I find that quite unlikely as I am running a Titan X and Intel i7 5960x 8 core CPU. I achieve 50-60 FPS on unlimited.

I have the below from OrbX installed:

GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX Global openLC Europe FTX openLC Europe Version 1.20 - September 2015
FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.35 November 2015

REGION
England FTX EU ENG England 1.40 - August 2014

OTHER
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160321 21st March 2016

UNCATEGORISED
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

And I am running in FTX Global, non-hybrid mode. (But the same happens in Hybrid aswell).

Any ideas on the cause and fix for this please?

Hello,

I can be fairly sure that the lack of performance has nothing to do with either the FTX software or the

specifications of your PC.

I am not generally interested in frame rates but set to unlimited, I am seeing 100 fps in FSX.

I would have thought you could expect to see this and more in P3D.

I wonder if you have background processes which are slowing things down, in particular live file checking by

anti virus software or similar.

Thanks for the response, I have found the issue.

It was nothing to do with OrbX or PC performance, it was in fact only doing it with the Aerosoft Airbus A320. I tried with a number of other aircraft, including the PMDG 737 and all was fine. So easily narrowed down to the Aerosoft Airbus.

I deleted my config file and let it recreate a new one which seems to have resolved the problem (worth noting that my original config file was untouched).

So worth noting for future reference that the Aerosoft Airbus has some weird qwerk with scenery but deleting and recreating the config AFTER you have installed the plane seems to fix it.

Archived