NSIS Error

lagnaf

Trying to install OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA120 and  I am getting the attached "NSIS Error  Error launching installer". I get this regardless of right clicking the application and selecting "run as administrator" or just double clicking on the application.  I tried downloading the file again and get the same result. 

I am running Windows 7 Professional and FSX-Steam.

Help please!  John V.

This is the first time I have had any problems with the installers for any of the previous Orbx products "which are fantastic" I have bought in the last two months:

4/13/16 *ORBX FTX Global Base - scenery texture pack
4/13/16 *ORBX FTX Global Vector - scenery texture pack      
4/15/16 *ORBX FTX KTEX  Telluride Regional Airport     
4/23/16 *ORBX FTX NA KFHR Friday Harbour Airport     
4/23/16 *ORBX FTX NA KCGX Meigs Field     
4/13/16 *ORBX FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest     
5/21/16 *ORBX FTX NA Gold USA Northern California     
5/21/16 *ORBX FTX NA KTVL Lake Tahoe Airport     
4/23/16 ORBX FTX Global Lights Configurator "free"     
4/17/16 *ORBX FTX Global Aiport Packs "Freeware"
4/22/16

ORBX FTX Libraries "free"     

NSIS Error X Error launching installer.JPG

Thanks for the order number.

In addition to the above, before you attempt to run the installer, you must first unzip the files out of the .zip

file and into a new folder, though I suspect you may have done that.

What operating system is that and do you have the Microsoft .net framework installed on it?

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks for the order number.

In addition to the above, before you attempt to run the installer, you must first unzip the files out of the .zip

file and into a new folder, though I suspect you may have done that.

What operating system is that and do you have the Microsoft .net framework installed on it?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

24 minutes ago, lagnaf said:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Hi again Nick,

Yes, Microsoft.NET Framework 4.6.1 was installed on April 10, 2016.

I have dowloaded Northern California two more times... again using Google Chrome and also with Mozilla Firefox, both times with my ESET NOD32 Antivirus disabled, with the same results. Noting again my original post above and all the successful Orbx products I have purchased through The FlighSim Store, downloaded and installed with no problems, I am completely stumped.

Additional Nick Cooper, expertise at this time, would be most welcome.

30 minutes ago, lagnaf said:

Hi again Nick,

Yes, Microsoft.NET Framework 4.6.1 was installed on April 10, 2016.

I have dowloaded Northern California two more times... again using Google Chrome and also with Mozilla Firefox, both times with my ESET NOD32 Antivirus disabled, with the same results. Noting again my original post above and all the successful Orbx products I have purchased through The FlighSim Store, downloaded and installed with no problems, I am completely stumped.

Additional Nick Cooper, expertise at this time, would be most welcome.

Last post for this evening Nick,

I am in North Carolina, USA. I had, so far, downloaded for Global CDN 1, Global CDN 2, Global CDN 3. Thought I'd try "the luck of the British" and do one more try from UK Server - same result from that on as well... Could this be a corrupt file that The FlightSim Store has on all of their download servers?

Archived