"Frosted" Trees

gotjackson

This has been bugging me for a while and I haven't been able to find any similar posts in the forums about it. Around some of the trees when viewed at ground level, there is a white outline around them, almost making them look like they have frosted edges. It's more noticeable in some places than others. The attached screenshot was taken on the taxiway at MMUN when I saw the problem was worse than usual. I have noticed this in all regions of the world, in global scenery (as in this picture), FTX Regions and OpenLC areas. I am using FTX HD Trees, though I don't think that is the issue.

I am hoping that the problem is visible enough in this screenshot so that you know what I'm talking about. I would like to know if there is something in my settings that may be causing this issue or some way to resolve it.

FrostedTrees.jpg

From the lack of response, I would guess I'm the only one experiencing this look on the trees, or the only one who's noticed it. Perhaps this is not in any way an FTX issue. I honestly can't remember if I had this same issue in FSX... this is P3D v3.2. I've only been using P3D for a few weeks, so I'm pretty sure I saw this issue in FSX as well, but maybe not. This might be a display issue in P3D, but then surely there would be others who have seen this same thing. I do notice when I de-select HD Trees and just go with the normal ORBX trees, the problem is still there, but to a lesser extent (fewer trees are affected).

I see the same look on some (not all) of the trees as well (also using P3D v3.2), but it is much less noticeable than in your screenshot. I'm also using the HD trees. It seems to me that this "frosting" happens when tree textures overlap other tree textures. I only use standard P3D graphics settings, i.e. no nVidia Inspector or shader modifications.

I'm actually glad to hear others have seen the same thing. Normally it's less noticeable for me as well, but that's part of the reason I put this post up with this screenshot... this was about the most I had seen to date. I also only use standard graphics settings. I also notice that it really only happens at ground level, so you may be right about the overlapping textures thing.

Archived