ORBX FTX Global Doesnt install on FSX Folder

Dear ORBX,

First of all thanks you for the great product you make i really love them! But now im getting some weird issues while trying to reinstall my programs.

Due to available space on my pc I had to reinstall FSX-SE on a other drive as C. So i uninstalled all addons applied a registry clean with CCleaner. After that I installed Steam and FSX SE on a other drive as my C drive....So Far So Good. Now i sdtarted with ORBX FTX to install and see that during the installation it creates a folder on my C drive with the name Steam/steamapps/common/FSX and it installas all the scenery files there. This is not what i want and i beleive it should not be as in the manual is written it is recommended to instal it where FSX is installed. Any idea how I could solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Raymond

Hello Raymond and welcome to the forums.

The FTX installers read the location of FSX from the Windows Registry and although you have

moved your installation, the original location is still recorded in the registry.

If you go to this page and download the FSX Registry Utility, you can use it to amend the registry

entry to where you have now put FSX and the installers will follow that path and put the files in

the right place.

• 3 months later...

3rd Sept 2016.

I have recently acquired a new desktop and have only loaded FSX:Steam edition and A2A addons a/c ie Comanche 250 and other FSX Steam Edition Addons.

I have only just  installed [ORB-712] Orbx - FTX: EU England and [ORB-077] Orbx - FTX: EU EGTF Fairoaks Airport and tried to follow the instructions regarding the temporary file unzipping etc and it appears that the process of unwrapping and installing was successful.However when starting FSX Steam  the FSX Default scenery for Fairoaks and surrounding area appears so I assume that I have not installed the Orbx addons correctly or in the correct folders?

How would I go about rectifying this?

Not being technologically clued up is a challenge to say the least but I hope the fix is straightforward. 

Thanks

Archived