My new Saab

Iain Emms

Great set of shots Iain. How does she fly? Give us some shots of her cockpit also. I really liked that shot where the road and rail converge at the bridge. Hadn't noticed that before - so much to discover and such fantastic detail. Thanks again Orbx team.

Regards, Paul

Hey Iain,

How many airplanes do you have? Weren't you flying a Bellanca Super Viking not long ago?

Do you have any favorites? How is the frame rate with the Safir? I could fly that plane with my Cougar Hotas.

Love the cockpit.

RunhandĀ  Ā  8)

Great little plane - the VC is one of the best I've seen in any aircraft, especially the reflections on the plexiglass. The only shortcoming is that the textures on the external model aren't specular (I believe?) so the reflections are poor and seem a little one dimensional.

Great little plane - the VC is one of the best I've seen in any aircraft, especially the reflections on the plexiglass. The only shortcoming is that the textures on the external model aren't specular (I believe?) so the reflections are poor and seem a little one dimensional.

Safir X features:

Four different and absolutely identical to real aircrafts models fully recreated for FSX

Highly detailed and fully animated exterior and interior models including such FSX features as bump, reflection and specular mapping, dynamic self shadows, advanced animation

Ultra smooth gauges based on 3D parts animation

Sounds (engine and VC custom sounds) recorded from the real Safir aircrafts

Realistic flight dynamics tested by real Safir pilots

100% realistic night light panel with a 4 step highlight adjustment

Additional camera views in the VC

cheers

Iain

Safir X features:

Highly detailed and fully animated exterior and interior models including such FSX features as bump, reflection and specular mapping, dynamic self shadows, advanced animationĀ 

cheers

Iain

I guess that's me told :D

I still think the external textures on the Saab seem a little flat compared to those of say, Carenado's planes, but the VC textures more than compensate. Anyway, fantastic little plane for VR flying.

To everyone who is considering buying the Safir: SibWings currently don't officially support Windows 7 and there are some reports on their forums that some people couldn't install/activate the aircraft on Windows 7. Just so you know. I hope this won't be a problem with the Bird Dog, because I really want that one and I do use Windows 7.

Hi Guys,

Just a fix for one of my aircraft that initially didn't install correctly on Win7.

Right-click on the setup file and select "Run as Administrator".

It's a rights thing and apparently even though I had local admin rights, they weren't enough to perform the install correctly.

Maybe see if it makes a difference.

Regards, Paul

Archived