complete re install what would you do

lthendrix

Well then folks I will be embarking on a complete re install in 12 or 13 days. I ordered a new machine and monitor.

as much as the thought of re installing all my goodies seems a drudgery ...I cant help but be kind of excited about it.

I think I will start with just a couple of my favorite planes   then global and vector,  PNG and taipini. and the global freeware airports. then NZ OZ. 

Fly around those parts for a while before I install more.         What would you install first?

I just did exactly this.  The reinstall is a huge effort if you are like me with tons of addons.  I started a couple weeks ago, still haven't finished.  I will be pecking away for some time.

In this way though 10 years of adding, removing freeware, payware is cleaned up.  I had tons of useless gauges, useless scenery, useless textures clogging up my sim.

I very carefully went through my addons to pick out the ones the meant or mean them most or are the most recent versions etc.

I would do the reinstall, just be prepared to really dig down for a few days to get the main elements installed, and tested out along the way.  I found that once I started with the odds and sods bits that is when I found compatibility issues, some of which I knew about before and fixed but can't remember what I did to fix....its a big pain because then you stall and have to try different things to get them working right again.

I installed my entire suite of Obrx, global, vector, regions and airports in that order.  I installed my UTX vector as it in my opinion is better placing it in higher priority.

Then on to Orbx Freeware packages

Then my mesh products.

I then installed my suite of SimAddons Canadian airports.

I then installed FS Addons Vancouver Plus, Victoria Plus, Tongass Fjords.

Then I moved to REX weather

Then started adding airplanes

Then and now adding various supporting stuff, Plan G, ADE, Instant Scenery, Instant Object maker etc etc

On going slowely adding additional airports, airplanes and sceneries as I see fit.

Good luck you will need it and plenty of coffee or beer or tea whatever keeps you going.

In the process of reinstall myself. I just installed all ssd's. Whenever I do the reinstall the very first thing I do is ezdok and fsuipc. The ezdok has to work before I will go any further.

Archived