No Houses

SimpleM

I recently installed Global and Vector.  I no longer have any houses that autogen.  Once I leave a city, all I am getting are trees until I arrive at the next city that has large buildings.  I have no other scenery products installed except for the freeware Orbx offerings.

1 hour ago, gotjackson said:

If you haven't already, download and install Orbxlibs. You'll find the free download in the Support section of the website. 

I have downloaded and installed the libs.  It is quite annoying as the trees (bought HD) and overall product are fantastic, but as soon as I take off, all there is are the pretty trees and position correct roads, power lines and water with absolutely no other sign of civilization (except within "city limits:.).

I feel as if something was overwritten that precludes autogenned buildings.  Also, I did not state, FSX, not P3D.

2 hours ago, Wolter van der Spoel said:

check your settings for autogen display, up the sliders and see if that brings the houses back

Autogen up full.

If I only have Global base and Vector, then landclassing should come strictly from stock FSX, correct?  When I run the FTX app, it shows the insert point at the top, but it also lists some Orbx LC stuff a little further down in the hierarchy.  I am wondering if the software puts in a generic LC map that overrides the stock FSX LC data that used to place random houses in rural areas?

Thanks for all the replies, this thread is explaining the issue pretty well.

Long story short, FSX just really got very lazy with LC data and autogen by populating a county with 3/4 of a million people with one city that will hold about 100,000 and absolutely NO suburban/rural data whatsoever.  P3D's base LC and V data probably has room for about 200,000 and a few suburbs but still goes to "forest only" way earlier than reality, (leaving out ANY representation of a town of 10,000 altogether, etc.).

Archived