A word of thanks

Thanks Orbx for the sale as I bought both LC's and Vector.

With Matt and Stew's help I deleted all my GEX's and UTX's, Scenery Tech too.

Now it's ALL ORbx and will stay that way.

It took me all day and I have some testing to do but so far I see a huge improvement in my FSX sim.

No stutters, smooth as butter and the detail is astonishing.

I learned how to use the AEC tool for one AK airport and now it's fine.

I even installed Holger's AU mesh too,

So I am one happy customer.

I did read one thread here that almost caused me not to buy Vector and John V's response but I decided to try Vector out for myself and I have no problems like this guy described.  He almost put me off Vector but I'm glad I went ahead and bought it.

It's now as if I have an entirely new sim.

If Orbx products can radically change my old FSX Gold I can only imagine what they'll do in the new DTG sim.

Best regards.

Jack

Great to hear!  Personally I have kept my UTX, I layer it above the Vector...it is in my opinion better for those areas it covers and it has so many options for adjusting vector elements that are very useful.

GTX you obviously have to turf.  You may in the future consider adding UTX back again at any time.

Just now, fltsimguy said:

Great to hear!  Personally I have kept my UTX, I layer it above the Vector...it is in my opinion better for those areas it covers and it has so many options for adjusting vector elements that are very useful.

GTX you obviously have to turf.  You may in the future consider adding UTX back again at any time.

I duuno.  I'm just gonna wait for all the LC's to come out.  I read they have vector in them.

I wanted to delete all that stuff to make room for more Orbx stuff.

LCs do not include vector.  The vector program is worldwide vector.  I am also going to get all the LCs as they come out.  But I'm keeping my Scenery Tech landclass and positioning them under all the Orbx stuff.  Very small files and literally don't hurt anything but give me a better landclass in the areas in which LC has not yet arrived.

I agree that UTX is the better product, but I eventually realized that I wasn't paying enough attention to the differences to warrant keeping both.  In the end, FTX Vector won out because it blended better with FTX Global.

Archived