ORBX Global and Pacific Northwest

FlyingDuck

Hello!

What would be a problem with the ORBX Global with Pacific Northwest: there is no water at all anymore, there is only kind of forest area textures. Bridges are over the land areas and so on. 

I use FSX Steam with ORBX Global, Pacific Northwest (with Friday Harbor), REX 4 HD plus Soft clouds, ASN and Steve's Scenery Fixer.  And of course the default FSX textures is on.

Which is the right way to start solving of this issue? I remember there were at least some water areas - maybe all - before I purchase and installed that Pacific NW.

Hello!

As I remember, both yes...but I have to check those things at home.

Last evening there also were - after flying - some this style of noticements "Scenery error. Please remove...". I have screen shots some of those. I don't know are those issues linked between each other. Because all works but only water areas, they were no-water areas.

Marko

Here is some pictures. There is no "active" sign with Pacific NW in Central. How can I solve this, if it is not as active?

Because there in FSX Settings - Scenery Library is seen that FTX_NA_PNW... sceneries. I only have moved that FTXAA_ORBXLIBS for sixth place from place two. But still no water textures.

There also is two pictures of those error last evening. 

ORBX_CENTRAL_1.jpg

FSX_1.jpg

SCENERY ERROR.jpg

SCENERY ERROR 2.jpg

Hello Mr Duck,

Those error messages suggest that you have possibly unchecked Core FSX Scenery from your FSX:SE Scenery Library and the "World Globe" cannot display correctly, you should make sure none of the core FSX scenery entries are unchecked in The Scenery Library list. I hope you have not deleted any files from Scenery\World\Scenery folder. Please check your Scenery\World\Scenery folder for the existence of the 2 files mentioned in the error messages ( BNXWorld2.bgl   &   image_globe_11.bgl )

The other thing you should do is move FTXAA_ORBXLIBS to position 1 in your scenery Library.

It is quite ok to run your Sim with FTXGlobal Group with Hybrid checked "Apply Group" (this will set active your North America Group and FTXGlobal areas outside PNW Pacific North West Region) But if you just want to fly PNW then select "North America" Group and click the "Apply Group" button. 

Thank you for the instructions!

I checked those items. Now there is water!

I moved that FTXAA_ORBXLIBS to position 1.

I changed PNW to activated - by that Apply Group way.

Now there was some popping-up issues and white textures "flashes" (at low altitudes). And some shadow "flashing" in water, near the border of water and land but in water side.

No, I haven't deleted any of those files. Now, when I stopped FSX - there were tens of same kind of errors, almost of all files in that Scenery/World/Scenery folder. What can I do with that issue? 

Marko

Hi Marko,

I am happy that you have your water back, Could you tell us a little about your PC specifications & Hardware installed.

10 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

Now there was some popping-up issues and white textures "flashes" (at low altitudes). And some shadow "flashing" in water, near the border of water and land but in water side.

Also can you take some pictures with SHIFT+Z co-ordinates of the white texture and shadow flashes in water.

When you say popping do you mean autogen trees and buildings popping up into view as you fly.

10 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

No, I haven't deleted any of those files. Now, when I stopped FSX - there were tens of same kind of errors, almost of all files in that Scenery/World/Scenery folder. What can I do with that issue? 

Do you still get these multiple errors when exiting FSX  (where files in Scenery\World\Scenery are located) everytime, or did this only happen once after making the suggested alterations.

Hello Jeff!

Yes thank you for the help. I noticed there also is now (more) roads. I can't exactly remember how was the road issue before but now there is seeing.

My PC is - if I now remember right - i4770, 8 Gb memory and Asus Z97 motherboard. Nvidia 970 graphic card with 4Gb and then Samsung EVO SSD for only FSX and other parts of it. PC is quite new, about one year old and using only for the FSX and some lightning and house electric design, not as "family internet computer". All the simulator parts are there in own SSD without nothing else there. Monitor is smooth BenQ XL2430T with 144Hz. I use G-Sync with it.

I can take pictures this evening. I think I can't get any pictures of those "white texture area flashes", they are so quick - part of second. For example yesterday some flash came while climbing from the airport, quite low altitude. Some texture area pop up as white without no forest, trees and so on and after that switches immediately to forest. At same time and flying altitude there were those popping up textures - trees and forests - without white flash at the first. Before I switched that PNW as activated instead of ORBX GLOBAL, I remember there was no that kind of white area flashing. But there were no water then. That water area shadow problem is some kind of "shadow living", they are not smooth but they are living. But if I will get some pictures, I send them at evening.

Those "DAT-errors" came when I exiting FSX. I don't remember was only exiting yesterday or did I shut the FSX twice or three times - while I switched that GLOBAL to active PNW I for example shutted down whole computer. But those errors came after the last use of FSX, after about 1,5-2 hours of flying and testing and then exiting. Then there were tens of same kind of errors - about two or three times more that day before. Only clicking "Ok" for the all errors took quite long time, they were so much.

Marko

The scenery.dat files are there to record the location and names of your active scenery.

The messages are telling you that the record of the file location is still there but that the

files are not.

The two you mention are core FSX files.

My guess would be that you have moved your scenery\world\scenery folder and

so the files can no longer be found.

I would suggest that you check to see if the folder is still there and if not, make a

search for BNXWorld2.bgl and see where it has gone to.

Hello! I removed all those files from indexes. I tested FSX once - really quick test - and after that no errors. But it was really few minutes check. 

White texture flash was still there - again such a soon after takeoff from the airport and it was quite big area this time while part of second - and that living of water shadows. I haven't got pictures yet but try to get. I think that water shadow issue picture is hard to get because it is just unreal shadow living, no color change or so on.

Archived