FTX England - Carnage upon install

MikeDutton`

Hi, I just purchased and installed the UK OrbFTX for Prepar3d V3, running on Windows 10. This is a fresh install of Prepar3d with only the Freemesh for the UK installed.

I went onto EGNH Blackpool. Instant problems. First, the F-22 instantly set on fire with fireworks inside the body. Prepar3d rebooted the airport and no crash second time. BUT..

Secondly the airport buildings were gone.

Thirdly, there is no autogen city buildings

Fourthly there was a forest at the end of the runway

fifthly the Irish sea is now apparently a huge meadow which then fades back into sea as you get closer.

I went into scenery manager and uninstalled all the FTX stuff and the installation is back to normal. A better representation of the area.

To install, I ran the OrbxFTXEUENG140.exe which stopped half way through and then a second install program started. I allowed it to finish. Then another install program which finished. I then clicked finished on the first program. Then in the scenery manager I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX and added FTX_EU (all 4 subdirectories as separate areas), FTX_GLOBAL (sub directory FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS) and then that's when the fun started.

Hoping somebody can help.

MD

Very strange ! I suggest going back to your original state of P3D + your mesh only. Remove all other installs. Then run the FTX ENG installation ensuring that you have "extracted" the zip folder first and then run the installer that appears in the unzipped FTX ENG folder.. Once installed without any interference (unlike the install you mentioned in your post) run the latest orbxlibs. Then go to FTX Central which will have been installed via the orbxlibs installation and you should see that you now have 2 regions noted in Central. Default and Europe. Click on Europe and Apply then click on Default and Apply then go back and click on Europe and Apply. Leave it applied on Europe and start your sim. You should not have to have gone into your "scenery manager" at all because the ENG programme will have installed it and added ENG to your scenery cfg.

In your sim choose an ENG airport or airfield preferably (less demanding on your PC) and see what the result is. If after that all is good then you can start to reinstall your other FTX addons but ensure you add them correctly. For example when installing Global set central to Default. Once Global is installed your Central should now show you 2 regions but your previous Default option should now become Global, so you will now see Global and Europe in Central. Make sure when you install FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS that you have Central applied to Global prior to installation, run orbxlibs again. You must run orbxlibs each time you do an install. This has changed recently where we are told that it may not be necessary to run orbxlibs each time if we already have the latest version installed but just to be safe run orbxlibs.

HI Jjaycee1. Thanks for the detailed reply. I followed all instructions to the letter and it appears to be working and is a much appreciated upgrade to the basic. I am using the Freemesh still. I had no other installations as it was a fresh new licence. The problem was probably the latest libs, followed by all the tricky stuff with FTX central (clicking EU then default then EU again) and then trying to manually add the upgrades to the scenery installer in the program (which is what LM tell you to do).

Glad I could help. Would you confirm if your problems are now resolved or are you going to install your other FTX addons you mentioned in your first post? If so follow the instructions I gave and see if the others install correctly. Remember to apply Global if flying outside of FTX ENG or Global/Hybrid if flying inside and outside of FTX ENG e.g England to France.

If all is good I suggest posting that your issues are resolved so that Nick can mark the topic as "Resolved"

5 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Glad I could help. Would you confirm if your problems are now resolved or are you going to install your other FTX addons you mentioned in your first post? If so follow the instructions I gave and see if the others install correctly. Remember to apply Global if flying outside of FTX ENG or Global/Hybrid if flying inside and outside of FTX ENG e.g England to France.

If all is good I suggest posting that your issues are resolved so that Nick can mark the topic as "Resolved"

HI, I am happy to have this issue as resolved. I was looking for FTX Global but I see I have no other products from FTX. Therefore after a days testing, I am totally happy thank you. The package looks better than the default and the seasons are great too. Other than that, if there is any freeware you recommend from FTX I shall install it just to be certain. Either ways this issue is resolved. Thanks again.

Archived