Friday Harbor - Custom Ferry Traffic

GregJ

Hello,  As I try to ensure I have the best possible West Coast U.S.A/Canada set up possible - I want to try and also have the immersion factor up to snuff - this includes the Western Washington ferry System - and the B.C. Ferries by Larry Robinson. I cannot configure based on the image error below.

Larry's ferry system contains it's own traffic.bgl which I use to make the M.V. Coho complete it's run, and I also have Hendrik Neilson et al's 600 ships installed. 

Is there something I am missing?

frida harbor custom error.jpg

Hi Greg,

OK I think I can see what's happening here. The custom KFHR ferry traffic file also replaces the default trafficboats.bgl with an alternate version that modifies the arrival path of the Friday Harbour ferry so that it lines up with the new custom dock model.

I think the issue that Larry's custom traffic is trying to do the same thing. As Larry's customisation includes more significant changes than the one we've included for KFHR, personally I'd suggest you'd stick with his one. The only issue you'll notice is that the Friday Harbour ferry will stop short of the dock.

Although it is technically possible to have both version of the file active it would mean you'd end up with duplicates of all marine traffic.

I'll see if it's possible to modify the control panel to reflect that you Larry's system installed but I'm not sure if that's feasible at this stage.

Cheers,

Greg

Turbulent

Hi GregJ,

As I remember, for the PNW ferry system I just ignored the warning and made sure that the default trafficboats.bgl is disabled (I label it trafficboats.bgl.original so I know just what it is). Then make sure that the KFHR trafficboats file is not active. At some point I'll try to adjust the stopping point(s) of the ferries at Friday Harbor. The little AI ferry  MV Hiyu also goes to Friday Harbor and stops roughly where the secondary real-life slip is, located to the south of the main one.

Archived