KHQM Ground Elevations Lower Than Airport & CEJ$

boleyd

Installed the P3DV3 version of KHQM (Bowerman), The airport sits about 1 foot higher than the underlying terrain. This means that taxiways, runways and apron areas are 1 foot too high. I ran the Vector Airport Elevations toll but no help. I deleted KHQM from the ORBX folder and reinstalled, ran Elevation tool again but same result. I have the latest Library 160321. In the scenery folder. It is positioned amongst other airports which reside just below the Library and above the Regions. Other airports in the PNW region are ok.

Installed CEJ4 and similar problem but much greater differential.  Installed 2S1 Vashon and it is ok. Friday is ok.77s, 2Wa1 05S ok.

Hi boleyd,

Can you open your Scenery\World\Scenery folder and check the status of the Elevation Adjustment .bgl for KHQM, does it have an .OFF extension  "ADE_FTX_PNW_KHQM_elevation_adjustment.OFF", which would indicate FTXCentral is set to FTXGlobal (Active) without Hybrid box checked. It may be that you need to cycle the (active) Group between FTXGlobal and North America.

Since you are in PNW / KHQM / North America, can you also indicate whether you are in "North America" Group (active) or have selected FTXGlobal without checking the Hybrid mode box in FTXCentral. 
Set FTXCentral to North America,  and if you want to use Hybrid Mode - Select FTXGlobal then with your Regions (active) check the Hybrid box, then click "Apply Group" button  The  "ADE_FTX_PNW_KHQM_elevation_adjustment.bgl" should not have an .OFF extension in this mode or in Hybrid Mode.

Jeff,  Thanks for the detailed question. My FTX Central2 is set to North America (active). However, several airports for the PNW region are missing this type BGL. A specific Bowerman Traffic BGL is present but its date is 2011 which is probably the date of file creation not install. I now suspect that the PNW Region is faulty since only 2 airports are listed while other regions have many.

There are just to many cases of corrupt, or missing data, with these PCs, that is never explainable. Makes me nervous since I use it for financial and other areas. Anyhow below are the only two PNW airports listed and this tells me to reinstall PNW. Thanks for all your help and directing me to the real evidence of the issue.

ADE_FTX_PNW_2WA1_elevation_adjustment.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_WA45_elevation_adjustment.BGL

These mysterious problems could be explained if we had lots of time for debugging stuff ourselves. In my case I wonder if running FTX Central2, at the same time I was installing, may have been the issue. I would not swear I was doing that, but I have a haunting feeling I might have. The installs are long and boring so looking at FTX Central info is something to do that is more productive than watching a green bar. There could be many other combinations that cause issues during downloads or installs. I believe the probability of a failure within the PC software realm is more likely than a flaw in the TCPIP protocol.

Thanks for your help...

Archived