KTEX Telluride - transparent texture besides runway

wulfbindewald

Hi Jarrad,

at first many thanks for this outstanding scenery.

One hickup found next to the runway, please see the pic. There is an area of transparent textures along the runway where the scenery behind the airport platform remains visible. I checked all 3 Terrain Harden-Platform options, summer and winter seasons and day&night and FSX DX9 or DX10 w. fixer but without success.

Any idea how this "shining through" effect can be avoided? The scenery seems to be complete without holes or missing details, see please second pic.

Wulf

Orbxlibs 160321,

Terrain groups Global (hybrid mode) <-> North America changed&applied,

5m mesh, autogen dense, 7cm tex

people are moving, so objectflow should be ok.

KTEX_1.jpg

KTEX_2.jpg

Hi Wulf

This is a problem that could not be solved.  It was noted in the beta testing but Jarrad couldn't find a solution.  Because it's not visoible in normal operations it was decided that the scenery would be released and a note added to the user guide.

The only time I ever saw it was when I was conducting helicopter sweeps looking for errors.  It didn't appear in normal approaches, take-offs and taxying operations.

Unfortunately it's a consequence of trying to 'push the envelope' in what can be done with scenery using the flight sim engine that is available to developers.  Rest assured if a solution can be found it will be included in a future patch, in the meantime enjoy the 99.99% of the scenery that works perfectly! 

Archived