PAKT in P3D v3 no gate option

Hi,

Noticed on the Flight Sim Store that PAKT now had a P3D V3 installer so downloaded and installed OK but I do not get an option to start at a gate, only the runway.  Checked my FSX version and it has two additional entries for the gates, the P3D version only has the runways.

FSS0146037 

Hello,

I also installed the newer version for P3D. PAKT.. Get the same, plus the ramp is about 50 feet below the runway. I do not have Vector installed. Running W10. Is W10 the problem?

Thank you.

Jerry Friz

33 minutes ago, jfriz said:

...plus the ramp is about 50 feet below the runway. I do not have Vector installed. Running W10. Is W10 the problem?

That's where it's meant to be.

Everything else is ok, it's just not being able to select a gate as a starting position.  I will try flying into PAKT, parking at a gate and then save the flight, hopefully I can then just load the saved flight to start at the gate.

Hi Hamm,

Thanks for the reply... You are absolutely correct.  

I was a real life pilot, and made several flights into Ketchikan, did not remember this much difference...I guess not having a gate throw me also..

Regards,

Jerry

3 hours ago, jfriz said:

Hi Hamm,

Thanks for the reply... You are absolutely correct.  

I was a real life pilot, and made several flights into Ketchikan, did not remember this much difference...I guess not having a gate throw me also..

Regards,

Jerry

No problem Jerry. It might be an illustration of how perceptions are different in and out of the sim.

Cheers,
Dan.

I'm going to lock this guys and give my final answer. 

The parking spots are disabled intentionally as we cannot get them to work 100% reliably in P3Dv2 &v3. This is due to complexities of the 3D model of the airport. There is a option to enable in them in the Control Panel so you can try it and see if it works for some reason on your setups. 

Same goes with the PAPI, it was never included in the original release for the same reasons. 

Archived