Southern California scenery missing airport buildings / black scenery objects

aerzone

I installed Southern California and the latest ORBX Libraries version 160321 as per the manual instructions into FSX. Some airports such as Edwards AFB do not have any airport buildings (only a Google map texture), while others show default FSX buildings. Some ORBX objects do work such as towers, town houses and solar panel farms. There are also black scenery objects in some cities like Las Vegas (which I have disabled in the scenery library). I have uninstalled FSX and all add-ons and started out fresh with just FSX standard with both service packs 1 and 2  installed along with  FTXNABluePFJ and FTXNAGoldSCA100 and latest libraries. The FTXNABluePFJ works perfectly fine but still have same problems with South California. I have also set the scenery options in FSX to the recommended settings in the manual. Any help is much appreciated.

Diagnostic Report:  otbb5ff36f1bce4c61683b51b06ae1938e

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

SCA won't display any buildings at Edwrads AFB unless you have FSX Gold/Acceleration or the Steam Edition installed, as mentioned in the SCA manual. For a work-around see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108078-edward-afb-building/#comment-972694

Not sure what those "black scenery objects" would be unless you're using the DX10 Preview option without Steve's DX10 fixer. If that's not the case a couple of representative screenshots would help us with further diagnosis; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Hey

The work around for Edwards AFB worked perfectly. As for the black scenery, it was probably just the region taking its time to load up, I've since turned the road traffic down to zero to allow the scenery to load up quicker and works fine now. This scenery is absolutely  amazing!

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply and support!

Archived