FTX regions destroys landclass tiles outside

FriLa

I have all US FTX regions and they work fine if I fly inside these regions. If I leave ORBX-land then I have wrong and corrupted landclass tiles, as you could see here in the area of Aspen, Collorado, but unfortunately I could not post any screenshot. If I switch back to FSX default all landclass tiles are correct.

I have switched several times between FSX default and North America, I have no Global product and no texture AddOns in North America. I have tried Holgers suggestion to built a new terrain.cfg, but did not help.

As I want to buy and use the new Telluride scenery and do not want to have Global I think I have to switch the region to North America, which destroys the surrounding area.

Thanks in advance for help,

Fritz

PS: I have tried five times to attach screenshots! If the problem with attaching files is solved I will send one.

Hi there,

it's been like that since day one: our version of the landclass control file (lclookup) unlocks custom blendmasks, additional seasonal and night variants. etc., that are blocked in the default version of that file. Without Global Base installed you don't have those additional files and thus end up with display anomalies. It's one of the reasons why we had to create FTX Central in the first place and why the Global airports clearly state Base as being a prerequisite. 

It may be possible to use the Global airports in Default mode but you'd have to manually add the airport(s) and Orbx Libraries to the scenery library and even then there may be compatibility issues.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I made some tests and had a strange observation. I have an older FSX-installation on Windows XP, with 4 NA regions and 13 airports, all from ORBX. Latest installation was 2013 and there are none of these anomalies visible. What I do not understand: Why are these anomalies visible when there is NOTHING from ORBX selected?

Cheers, Fritz

Archived