Praise and airport suggestion

Dooga

Hi all, I'm now going to state something that is probably known by many already, but was a very positive experience for me recently. I own and have spent quite a bit of time flying around in the PNW FTX area, places like Anacortes, Orcas Island, greater Seattle and Portland areas etc; a couple of weeks ago I had to go to Portland on a business trip, flying over from Germany with a changeover in Vancouver, then down to Portland in a Dash-8 at 20k feet. And I was so happy looking out of that small plane window, because a) the area really looks exactly as depicted by ORBX and the ASN weather engine, and B)  I could actually recognize KORS as we were flying right over it - I love that airport!

Great stuff. 

Before leaving Portland I made a demo flight in a C172 together with an instructor, out of Hillsboro, a couple of landings at Mc Minnville, some sightseeing over downtown Portland - very nice! 

Now, how about one of these as full ORBX airports (KHIO or KMMV)? Both are nice in themselves, KMMV has that awesome aviation museum with large planes sitting outside visible from the air, and the area around Portland is so beautiful it deserves another starting point besides 05S... (ok, and Suttons) 

Edit: and 7S3 as I've just seen... ok that's probably enough, I'll get that one then. 

Thanks for the feedback!

7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks is an all-time Orbx Classic by Bill Womack, and it's a short hop to downtown Portland from there. I think at one stage Bill was thinking of doing Hillsboro but his focus is now on Nantucket on the east coast.

Archived