Going flying tomorrow

Hobnobs

It's been a while, but tomorrow I'm going to be re-validated to fly solo again. This normally involves a few circuits, stall/spin awareness and generally making sure I won't turn the aeroplane and myself into Lego.

I'll be taking the Go-Pro. Is there anything you guys would like to see? Pre-flight walkround? I can do circuits with ATC, although I've this before so I don't want to bore you.

Anything really that might interest you folks?

3 minutes ago, Andrew 737 said:

Have a good one mate. I have a nice pic in the overhead above Southend actually (your base?) I was flying DX to Shoreham - 35 quid landing fee at Shoreham!!!!!

Thanks Andrew.

Shoreham is on my ToDo list this summer. I guess you landed on 20 because of the sea breeze? Would love to an approach from the sea but I guess you would have to wait until after sunset for the wind to favour 02.

35 quid? Do you get a bacon butty for that too?

1 minute ago, Hobnobs said:

Thanks Andrew.

Shoreham is on my ToDo list this summer. I guess you landed on 20 because of the sea breeze? Would love to an approach from the sea but I guess you would have to wait until after sunset for the wind to favour 02.

35 quid? Do you get a bacon butty for that too?

Yes Exactly, Runway 20! If you want to come over the sea either fly at night or start early before the sun heats the ground/land and the air starts rising.

im sure it can be arranged if you call ATC and chat to them.

im going to do Bembridge soon.

NO! No bacon butty!! If you get there early or during the week? I think it's half price.

Great to hear this Dean. Would be nice to have some outside footage before you start your flight. Like walking from the airport buildings to your parking spot, then doing the walk around with some close ups of your plane. The more the better! Thanks for asking for suggestions.

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Great to hear this Dean. Would be nice to have some outside footage before you start your flight. Like walking from the airport buildings to your parking spot, then doing the walk around with some close ups of your plane. The more the better! Thanks for asking for suggestions.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Archived