Backup terrain cfg

Is there a backup terrain.cfg like is created for FSX and if so were is it located in P3D 3.3   When I was having blurry texture issues in FSX and did a search for fixes the forums said the terrain.cfg could be corrupted and gave directions as to were to find the backup. So here is what is happening. I can go to any airport in any region and everything is nice and crisp, lots of detail. Once I'm airborn the scenery starts to deteriorate to the point were the scenery gets very blurry and translucent, almost glowing. All this started after I went through the manual install of Tungas Fjords following all of the detailed instructions. I do have the Estonia Migration Tool installed and tried to use it for that scenery but got the ocean of trees so I had to follow Holgers instuctions to manualy install the 40 enties into the cfg file. So I'm assuming I corrupted something. The deterioration intensifies the faster I go especialy in a jet. Everything has been fine up to th i s point. If I pause the sim and go to map then return to flight P3D reloads the scenery and everything is back to clear and high detail again. Very fast high end computer with minimal suggested tweeks, using Rex and soft clouds. Also have FSX SP2 Acc. and FSX Steam and all is working optomally with them. Yes. I have the migration tool disabled.

Well,I went back and did some careful reading and found the back up Terrain file for P3D, was in the same place for it as in FSX. Replaced the file and all is back to normal, and so is my Bay full of trees off Wrangle and it seems my trees don't look right I have Orbx HD trees but all my trees look flat and can definitely see their 4 sided structure so they don't look full any more. Think I'll scrap the idea of having Tongas X stalled, it just an't worth the hassle!

• 1 month later...

To rsharrard: The easy way to install Tongass is to put a copy of your terrain cfg and scenery cfg into the P3D directory. Run the Tongass installer pointing the installation to P3D. Let it install, then transfer the Terrain cfg & scenery cfg back to where you got it from which should be Program Data\Lockheed Martin. Open up the cfg in Notepad and you should see all the 40 entries in there for Tongass. Don't use the Migration tool as it can cause problems. The Terrain cfg & Scenery cfg in fsx for which Tongass looks for is in the fSx directory but not so with the P3D terrain cfg nor Scenery cfg. Therefore it you just drop the P3D terrain cfg & Scenery cfg into P3D directory Tongass installer will be able to write the entries to it.

To Stephen: ProgrammData\Lockheed Martin. A backup copy of the original terrain cfg is contained in ORBX\Scripts\FTX Central\Work. You copy that to ProgramData\Lockheed Martin.

Archived