Help in setting up unit for optimal FSX experiance

Hello all,

I have recently received an Alienware 13 R2 as follows: Intel i7 6500U @2.5GHz, 16GB DDR3L, NVidia GeForce GTX960M and 2, 256GB SSD's and I would like to set it up for optimal visual and performance experience with FSX: Steam.

I have also purchased ORBX Global, Vector, NA, Alaska and Canada, Steve's DX10 FX Fixer and would appreciate any assistance in setting up FSX, the DX10 fixer and configuring my fsx.cfg file and any other systems to experience flight simulation at its best.

I am an amateur when it comes to configuring FSX, so please help!

Best regards,

Stuart

Since you have spent the money thus far - Why would you not spend a few more dollars and move to P3Dv3? It's arguably I suppose far better as not only my expereince says, but others as well. It will put you on the cutting edge, as opposed to the unsupported edge from a software perspective.

Go the academic route./... Then

1) Install P3D v3

2) Then install Global, and run P3D - it will prompt you to d/ latest libraries (which becomes easier to keep track of through FTX Central - which will have several other benefits for you as well

3) Install your scenerys....(get refunded for your DX10 Fixer as that's useless on P3D

4) fly.....

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your response. How well does P3D perform in comparison to FSX Steam? I have seen it but never taken the plunge and tried it. I have a number of addons too. Aerosoft A320/321, Qualitywings 757, and a number of Carenado planes. Will they all work within P3D?

On 26.3.2016 at 4:24 AM, Stuart Pipe said:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your response. How well does P3D perform in comparison to FSX Steam? I have seen it but never taken the plunge and tried it. I have a number of addons too. Aerosoft A320/321, Qualitywings 757, and a number of Carenado planes. Will they all work within P3D?

You can set P3D settings to whatever you like. Really there are so many options for all kinds of system specifications. Of course you need to use less demanding settings if you have slow hardware. But the graphics are much much better compared to FSX. The lighting is crisp and the most realistic option available among flightsims.

Greetings,

Bermuda

Archived