EDHI Scenery

mazelda

Hi

Not totally sure how to word this,so Apologies if this does not make a lot of sense.

I have decided to try my hand at a bit of airport updating from the stock airport and have gone so far as to have got a photoscenery picture of the area ( EDHI Finkenwerder,  Germany) and have the runway etc aligned within fsx and the real world all of which matches up ok ( I'm using ADE and SbuilderX)

I then created a BGL and afcad so that I could see how this matches up with my ftx global ,and here is where there seems to be some issues.

With my area set as the top in the scenery library, I can see that it matches up fairly well with FTX global although I do have a few road issues,but I have an area that is a bit larger than the airport itself. Because of this I thought I would check what the area would look like with just the stock ftx global scenery.and here I found some massive issues.

The airport itself is ok with the runway and some of the buildings in the correct area,but i have a few areas that have areas of autogen housing that cut into the airport  and roads going into the middle of grass areas and stoping,with no match up to other parts of the road on the other side of the airport.

I also have P3d so I thought I would check how it looked in that sim and it looks pretty much the same.Not matching as well.

Because this is part of Global I cannot find the actual afcad for the airport in the same way I would for other FTX sceneries,according to ADE the afcad file for this airport is in folder 0601 and the bgl file is APX50120.

Is there anyway to see how the scenery looks with the airport hidden,  and I can see if the problem is with me or the global scenery. I have no added scenery for this area in either P3d or FSX just the stock that came with global and before that the scenery that ships with fsx and p3d

I will try and post a picture to show what I mean

any advice  on how to check what the problem is would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sorry I should have added  I also have Global vector and Europe LC installed in both sims

edhi pic 1.jpg

edhi pic 2.jpg

edhi pic 3.jpg

Is there something seriously wrong here in the photos?

I have global ,vector and europe lc installed but there apears no blending in of the airport to the rest of the land class.surrounding the airport

The roads around also are off in places, going right through the middle of buildings .

I thought vector and europe lc especially was to sort this.

Is there some way that i can remove the airport,leaving just the area so that i can then try matching in the airport with photoreal scenery from a satelite image and then try blending it all together.

The stock airport is in a basic scenery area 0601 and a bgl that covers several airports

Hi Mazelda,

Global contains no airports, only land class (LC).  The fix is to get Airport Design Editor (ADE, it's free)  and revise it to your needs then activate it as an Addon Scenery addition.  Your new airport will supersede the stock FSX version.

OR... wait until Germany North (GEN) is released, it is included as one of the 400+ airports.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil

I'm already using ADE,I was wondering though if it was possible to hide the exsisting stock airport completely,so that I can see what the global textures underneath look like. so that i can then try and blend those into ADE. From the photoreal picture of the airport I have been using to create my own version of EHDI

Hi again,

What Sylvain said.  The first things I do when I start a airport revision in ADE is 1) add a background exclude 2) add a correct looking grass background and 3) add a flatten (the background exclude will remove the default flatten).

Cheers, Neil

Archived