missing runway and taxi lights at ESSA

tolip

Hello!

I switched from P3Dv3.1 to P3Dv3.2 by performing a complete reinstall of P3D and all addons and now I don't get any runway or taxi lights at ORBX ESSA.

essa_no_lights2.png.1d39729015713e3005a0

The lights are working at all other airports. If I disable Orbx ESSA in the scenery library I get the stock airport and the lights back.

I have the latest version of Base, Vector and Open LC Europe and libs. I also have REX texture direct and PMDG 737NGX. I've tried every graphical setting I could think of, I reinstalled ESSA several times, I uninstalled REX, etc but I can't get the lights back. This is Windows 10, latest Nvidia drivers.

Is it just me? Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can't remember if I ever tried a night flight in P3d 3.1. I did some more testing and it seems that sometimes the lights magically appear, just to disappear a couple of seconds later.  Sometimes a third of the runway lights become visible. And then disappears... and appears.

A few google searches shows that disappearing/appearing runway lights has been a problem in P3D for some people at various airports, and it seems that this issue even existed in FSX. Perhaps this is an P3D issue rather than a ESSA issue but I've never seen it myself before and I currently don't experience any issues at any other airports as far as I know. I don't think it's a memory/VAS issue as the result is the same regardless of the graphics settings, even at the lowest with very low VAS utilization.

Here is a runway with about 1/3 of the lights showing on one runway:

essa1aeb68.png

This one is taken a couple of seconds later, the runway lights are gone:

essa2.png

And it will keep on like that in a seemingly random way. Sometimes all the lights come back, just to disappear again.

Seems like I get some issues as well in P3D v3.2. Not exactly the same, but lights seems to draw in different intensity at different distances.

I'll look in to a fix for this. Might take a few weeks however, sorry about that, I'm currently away traveling on some assignments.

Archived