FTX Mode Doesn't Work

davidgate

ORDER 3372

FTX Mode doesn't work - both the "Turn Off" and "Cancel" buttons don't respond.

I'm not sure this is the same problem as Dave.

When I use the Desktop shortcut to turn FTX on/off it appears to do nothing. To actually turn on/off FTX I have to go into the settings, scenery library and chec/uncheck (tick/untick) all the FTX Sceneries. This is easy to do so for me it's no big deal and not a really a worry.

Do you think this could be because I don't run Flight Simulator X from the default folder? Although the desktop shortcut for FTX has the correct location of my FSX installation (D:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X) and the FTX switch comes up, making me believe this isn't why.

Thanks

Mark

FTX mode does not deactivate the Orbx FTX scenery library entries. The application just moves certain files to/from their default FSX location. This is simply so you can safely add other addons which may share the same files we modify.

If you want to truly deactivate FTX (not sure why you'd want to do this), then yes, you must go into the scenery library and untick the scenery folder entries.

Perhaps you may be wanting to do before/after comparison shots? Then yes, you need to:

1. Run the FTX Mode switcher, select OFF

2. Uncheck all the Orbx FTX entries in the scenery library

Now you should be back to default FSX for the AU BLUE region.

ORDER 3402

I have since discovered that the application works - its just that the location of the active button areas does not match the displayed buttons - in other words, if you click the "Turn Off" button, it misses! Same problem with the Lights Tweaker application.

I run a wide screen monitor at 1680 by 1050 - could this have something to do with it?

If I could work out how to attach screen shots I could show you. :-[:-[

Regards

Dave G

Dave,

I have a 1680 x 1050 monitor and had the same problem with the VOZ Switcher because I bumped up the font size (DPI Setting) to 120.

If you have increased the DPI, try what John suggested, that how I fixed VOZ.

"Sometimes if you have your desktop font resolution set to above 96DPI then VB .NET 3.x application won't display their interfaces correctly. Give that try."

Lyn.

Archived