FTX Global and scenery.cfg

Hello!

This would be an old topic...

What should I do with 'Can't find scenery.cfg'? I will have that information all the time and then whole FTX Control panel goes down and I get some report of that problem. I have FTX Global to FSX SE. My FSX SE is now on my second SSD, which is not C://. Where that scenery.cfg should be now with Steam-FSX and that SSD configuration? 

Is that possible to re-install whole FTX? On the other hand, is is possible to unistall it at the first without unistalling whole FSX maybe?

Hello and thank you Nick for answer!

My situation is this kind of:

1) First I have installed of course FSX SE - I haven't got any other previous versions of FSX

2) Then I have bought and installed Active Sky Next and FTX ORBX Global

3) Then, because of the maybe coming FTX-libraries (Vector, Landscape and airports), I needed more SSD hard disk space

4) I bought an other SSD hard disk and moved FSX SE on it - by instructions of Steam support "Moving Steam to other..."

5) In new E:// FSX SE works well, Active Sky Next works well, FSX still has ORBX textures first and default on the end of the list - FTX Central doens't work

6) Now, there in FTX Central is said in green box "There is an update..."

7) Then, when I say yes to update, it is said  "Cannot find C://...Steamapp/FSX"

Of course - because the FSX is there in E://... (picture ORBX_3)

FTX Central says it can't find scenery.cfg - and then whole FTX Central crashes and goes down

I have spent many many hours with this - what is the solution of this problem? 

ORBX_2.jpg

ORBX_1.jpg

ORBX_3.jpg

If you only have FSX Steam Edition, it must be treated as if it was FSX disk edition.

First go to this page, download the FSX Registry Utility and use it to set the location of FSX

to where you now have your Steam Edition installed.

Then go back to the topic I linked to,  "FTX Central cannot locate scenery.cfg file"  and follow

the steps in that to make sure that your external folders are named FSX and not FSX-SE.

From then on, you must use the FSX installers, not the FSX Steam Edition one, which is intended

for when both versions are on the same PC.

Also, when you have done all of this, you may see a menu when you open FTX Central, always

choose FSX and not FSX Steam Edition.

Hello again and thank you very very much!

Now, after those movements you asked to do, there is no information of missing scenery.cfg!! I haven't tried that updating but I think it also will work well.

The only question at the moment is those FTX Central 2 starting, will it ask on every launching that "Select a simulator..." FSX or FSX Steam edition? I chose that "FSX" and then it run without missing scenery.cfg.

regards,

Marko

Yes, that's just what you need to do. From now on you must treat the installation as

FSX and not FSX Steam Edition.

Use the FSX choice in FTX Central and the FSX choice when you install any of the

FTX software.

If you are confident with the Registry Editor, you can go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DovetailGames

and delete the DovetailGames entry.

Then you will have no menu and FTX Central will always work with your FSX installation.

Archived