New PC with Win 10 Now There are Trees in the Water Around Sitka

bdowns

I have been a fan of Holger's scenery for a long time.  Recently, I have had to get a new computer with Windows 10 and I'm currently setting up Flight Simulator there.  I have done ONLY the following:

• Installed FSX (started FSX up before continuing)
  • Installed FSX SP1 (started FSX up before continuing)
  • Installed FSX Acceleration (started FSX up before continuing)
  • Installed Super Cub X by FSAddon  (one of my preferred planes)
  • Took a flight around Sitka, AK (my favorite area) All looked well
  • Installed FTX Global Base
  • Opened FSX and took flight around Sitka.  All looked good.
  • Installed FTX Global Vector
  • Installed FTX Global OpenLC NA Alaska/Canada
  • Installed FTX Pacific Northwest
  • Opened FSX and took flight around Sitka.  TREES IN THE WATERS SURROUNDING SITKA!!!!

I installed all patches along the way before continuing, making sure I flew a flight after each patch too.  I have installed no other software.  All FTX products installed so far were purchased from the Flight Sim Store (order # FSS0469167).  I purchased them last Thursday as I had not owned these before.  The FTX Pacific Northwest was installed from a DVD I had purchased some time ago.  After the trees appeared in the water, I applied both the 0005 and the 008 service packs but they did not correct the issue.  I carefully followed all instructions about applying regions or making them active in FTX central during the entire process.  Besides the trees, I also noted is water on the side of one of the mountains.

This is my second attempt in the last couple of days.  I had gone through the setup first but did not find the Sitka problem until I had done much installing.  I uninstalled everything, including deleting all folders, and began a clean install.  This time, I flew around Sitka after every step to help identify the culprit.

I searched this forum before posting and did find others posting with this problem, but the solution was not applicable in one case  as it required using a "refresh" function on a control panel for either Tongass (not yet installed) or UTX (not installed and not planning to).  In another case Holger dealt with it by email, so I could not see the solution.

Please Help.

Bill

Thanks for the response, Nick.

I do not have a "Vector Control Panel."  I have FTXConfigurator v8.0, which I ran but did not bring up any dialog.  It also had no effect on the trees.  I have Orbx Control Panel, which I ran but it comes up with and error and states. "No configuration file specified."  This may be significant and part of the issue.

I tried disabling the four entries in my scenery setup for Pacific Northwest but that failed to correct the problem.  Those four entries are at the top of the list and only one entry tops them and that is for FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.

Thanks again, Nick.. I found the tool and unchecked the frozen water.  It had no effect.

I did install the libraries as they were offered up to me as a necessary update after installing one of the products.  I think it was global base.

I also ran Diagnostic Reporter and was told to offer this identifier to staff: otb3b594f25e62feedddd75c6a872de56f

Bill

That took care of the trees!!!!!!   Thanks :)

However, I still have the water on the mountain when North America is active for FTX.  When I switch to global, everything is PERFECT!, but  when I switch to North America, I get the water on the mountain.  I have switched several times.  Here is a screen shot taken out the front of the cub.  It is a little hard to see, but that is ocean on the side of the mountain straight ahead.

iJ9kHKCnped2Xb5gcW_Q2ZNPzTwtKjTNVHwvGfJD

I wonder if installing Pacific Fjords or Tongass X might help?

Anyway, I really appreciate the help so far.  This is real progress

Sitka.jpg

I installed Pacific Fjords but there was no change to the ocean on the side of the mountain, but I went ahead and installed patch 004 for Pacific Fjords and now all seems right with the world, at least around Sitka.

Thanks for the assistance, Nick.

Archived