Problem installing FTX central 2 on dual FSX + FSX:SE installation

Hello

I just experienced a minor problem installting FTX Global on a PC on which two versions of FSX have been installed. The basic installation of FTX global wnet smoothly and I could select the FSX:SE from the selection combo ...

After the installation I started the FTX Central 2 link from the desktop and got the error message that an installation is not possible since there is no folder named ORBX\user Documents\Versions

However, that folder was present in the FSX:SE folder. After copying that folder oder the the old FSX folder I was able to install FTX  Central 2

Can I remove those copied folders from the old FSX Folder?

In my oppinion this is a bug in the FTX Cental installer that should probably be fixed. Do you need any further information?

regards

Kurt

After installing FTX Central I realise that it has been installed into the old FSX folder (boxed FSX) even though I had installed FTX Global into the FSX:SE installation. Something is not quite right

How must I install the FTX central after installing FTX Global into FSE:SE on a PC on which there is an older FSX (boxed) installation?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Whether or not you decide to use both versions on the same PC, you do not install FTX Central

into either.

FTX Central is installed into C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\ regardless of which or

how many simulators may be installed.

What you should see is an FTX Central opening menu screen, offering the choice of installed

simulators.

Once one has been selected, FTX Central will only manipulate files for that simulator version.

There is no bug as you describe, each product has to be installed into each simulator version

for FTX Central to work correctly.

You appear not to have the required registry entries.

You may be able to set them using the FTX Registry tool that you will find at

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\RegistryFixTool.exe

We have a forum for the FSX Steam Edition and I have moved your topic into it.

Perfect! Thanks a lot for the good support. Using the registry fix helped

The problem was that the FTX Global installer had correctly detected both FSX and FSX-SE. The installer placed a link to "FTX Central 2" on my desktop. However, running the "FTX Central 2" configured FTX only for FSX but did not detect the FSX-SE ... thus subsequently it did not detect the installation of FTX global and it also updated the orbxlibs into FSX instead of FSX-SE

but thanks to the good and fast support of your company the problem is easily fixed! Thanks a lot!

one last question: (how) can I remove the FSX installation from "FTX Central 2"? Can I somewhere unset the path for FSX boxed and leave FTX central active only for FSX-SE? In the registry fix tool I cannot seem to unset the path.

I have installed the german version of FSX boxed for my kids - the love the missions and tutorial spoken in german. However, I want to use FTX only with the FSX-SE edition.

If you go to this page, you should be able to use the FSX Registry Utility

to set the FSX path to where your FSX SE version is now.

However, I think it would be better if you just leave it as it is.

Your registry entries are now correct and as you plan to continue using both

versions, it would be better to just put up with the menu and select the

Steam Edition each time.

Archived