Problem installing FTX Global

walterg74

Hi folks, having an issue woth FTX global. 

I previously had installed it just fine in my PC with win 8.1, all worked well, etc. 

Recently I reinstalled my whole PC, as I upgraded RAM, changed Graphics card, etc. and installed Win 10. 

I am getting to re-install FSX-SE , and I have just installed the sim and FS Global Ultimate Mesh, so now comes time for FTX Global, however, after entering my info at the FSS screen, it starts unwrapping and then just  gets stuck with the orogress bar at roughly 80%....

What could be wrong? Already tried disabling my AV software and nothing...

thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Walter,

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty unwrapping FTXGlobal into your new system. Perhaps I can offer you some assistance until the team responds.

I must say from the outset that I do not run Win10 or FSX:SE but since this is an installation issue I presume you have visited the FSS FAQ page for a solution and any missed installation/unwrapping procedures Here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/147-fss-flightsimstore-support-issues/ FSS  Wrapper FAQ https://flightsimstore.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2227380-why-does-the-wrapper-appear-to-freeze-during-the-unwrapping-process-  while there has not been a definitive solution to this issue and is limited to only a few customers experience, many have reported that if left long enough the wrapper will progress to 100%. 

If you continue to have unwrapping freezes it is recommended to lodge a support ticket with FSS and they will be able to assist. FSS would also like you to list along with your support ticket, the programs and hardware in your system according to the 9 items listed at the bottom of the article, which may help identify what is preventing or freezing the unwrapper  @ 80%.

Hopefully the team will be along shortly to confirm what I have advised.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this does continue. So much so that this past weekend I purchased P3D, and when I went to install my ORBX Global products into it, even though in theory they had already been unwrapped, it did the unwrap process again, and again it took ages to do each one...

I shudder at the thought of installing all my regions, if this has been the experience so far with just the global products.

Sadly I already wrote to FSS and have had a similar response as this thread: nothing...

I honestly don't see why they keep up with this archaic method, specially since I read recently that ORBX has added some extra measures in there to detect let's say "dishonest" installs, so that being the case this wrapper thing just complicates things more for they loyal paying customer...

Archived