Norway, P3D and raised lakes

andy1252

Hi,

I just went for my first exploratory flight in Norway (FSS0433567), from ENHF, and noticed that there seem to be a large amount of hot-tubs in the area

2016-3-9_18-12-20-177.jpg

2016-3-9_18-12-31-182.jpg

Had a read through the Norway setup guide, and don't see anything wrong. I have UTX Europe but ORBX claims to have exclusions in place for that, and I also run Pilot's FS Global but I think that's acceptable (and anyway, presumably is overridden by Norway if necessary.

So have I missed something somewhere?

This was my first flight in Norway, so I will check other locations - I couldn't find this in the forum but my patience is not good searching forum search results (or maybe I'm not very good at phrasing the search) so I apologise if this has already been covered,

cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

other than perhaps the airport itself there's little in your screenshot that indicates the presence of FTX NOR; see my screenshot for comparison. Assuming that NOR and its SP1 are correctly installed -- including current Orbx libraries and having FTX Central set to Europe via "Apply Group" -- then you probably have third-party entries above the FTX block of entries that overwrite FTX NOR. Any UTX entries, in particular, need to be at lower display priority.

Cheers, Holger

FTX NOR - Hammerfest ENHF.jpg

Hi Holger,

well, that does look a bit different, doesn't it. I'd imagined parts of Norway might be a bit desolate but . . . <grin>

You are probably correct about the UTX placement. Not near my FSIM machine right now but will check it out this afternoon. I may have gotten stuff shuffled round in the last mass re-install for P3D v3. Funnily enough, I had a quick look at the Faroe Isles after I'd tried this and was getting some similar odd mesh effects, which may well be the same issue.

I may have to review my use of UTX and go back and have another look at your Global Vector - I looked at some of the screenshots in my early days and it didn't grab me then, maybe I should just get a copy and try it out.

Thanks for the quick response,

Andy

Hi Holger,

indeed, UTX was above FTX. I have now moved it down now below FTX and above OLC. Which has certainly allowed Norway to re-appear, hasn't changed the Faroes that much, I don't think, but they may be a relatively undeveloped (in the scenery sense) area anyway.

Need to read up and double check my scenery sequencing. I think.

cheers,

Andy

Archived