Problem with FTX Global Base textures

JNS

Hi.  I have FTX Global Base, FTX Vector, and FTX Open LC Europe installed in P3Dv3.  At this point the only other addon I have is My Traffic 6.0a.  This problem occured even when I only had Global Base installed.  I was flying out of Seattle and there appears to be a lot of textures missing, but the interesting part is that I do see blurry squaresof some sort of ground all around the buildings and trees. This doesn't seem to be limited to Seattle as I tried Kansas City too.  In fact I'm not sure I'm even seeing the ORBX stuff at all.  In the Scenery Library everything shows up as active.  All installs were reported as successful.  I even reinstalled Global BASE, but no luck.  I used the standard installation procedure with NO custom folder assignments.   I have gotten a lot of suggestions from others in forums, but nothing seems to work.  I still have Meigs and No. Cal region to install, but I didn't want to complicate the issue.

I would like to submit a diagnostic report to ORBX so that maybe you can see something that has installed wrong even though, as I said, all installs were reported as successful.  At this point I really don't know what else to do, but a complete reinstall of the sim and all ORBX products, but I'm hoping I can avoid that.  

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Jeff Smith

Order No. FSS0462200

24808735613_c4dcc2cb18_k.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Nick.  Well, I feel pretty stupid right now.  I was just getting ready to hit "Submit Reply" with all my specs and more pics and decided to check my Scenery settings one MORE time.  I've looked at these quite a few times, but must've been with tunnelvision.  My Texture Resolution was set at 10M instead of 7CM.  Don't know how or when that happened, but anyway, now everything looks beautiful.

Two final questions:  (1) What is your recommended setting for Texture Resolution and (2) My VECTOR entries in the Scenery Library are between Africa and 1107 Base.  Is that correct because I've read that some people's VECTOR entries were at or near the top?

Basic specs are 3770K overclocked to 4.4GHz.,(No HT) 8G Ram, 980Ti video card.   Just the usual 3 or 4 recommended P3D.cfg changes from  LM,  Rob Ainscough, or Avsim.

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

I am pleased it was something straightforward.

I don't have P3D but 7cm is my setting for FSX.

Your Vector entries are in the right place, please don't move them.

There is another Vector entry which is fourth from the bottom of the scenery library or

fourth from the top if the scenery.cfg file is viewed in Notepad.

Perhaps that's what you read?

Archived