FTX Global Base

jerrycwo4

Hi Jerry,

If you will fly in the PNW, select North America in FTX Central.

If you are flying out of the PNW, select FTX Global.

If you are in the PNW and will go flying out of it, use FTX Gobal "hybrid mode". The same if you will fly from an area outside the PNW into it.

The differences are most noticeable in the PNW because it has elevation adjustments, mesh and vector  improvements and some airports enhanced. See, for example, KSEA the PNW and KSEA in FTX Global.

a.

KSEAPNW.thumb.jpg.32f20fefbd3a0af8c17cdc

B.

KSEAFTXGLOBAL.thumb.jpg.a0e48ba35d3dd3c5

C.

ReadTheGuide.thumb.jpg.598aff384867a4ace

Cheers,

Voyager

KSEAPNW.jpg

Voyager, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your great reply. I think  I understand now,   so now even with the BASE installed, and the PNW  selected, the scenery there will NOT be improved ;  the BASE only improves scenery in the world  where you do not have that special area inhaced like the NW USA inhaced  with  the Pacific Northwest ?  Thanks again.  jerrycwo4

Thanks Spud, I have a lot of them[airports] (I used to have all of them a few years ago but they made too many, too fast) As you can see my rig above it' still a bit of a fight to get good FPS with four monitors. With default FSX AIRCRAFT I can get about 20-30 FPS. To tell the truth I still fly FS9 more than FSX  because of the best frame rates and more third party airports. I've been flying sims for about 18 years. As promised to Voyager here are some screen shots of FSX with and without the Global running. Thanks for your input.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived