Uninstalling ORBX Sceneries

TomG

Hi,

I am in the process of uninstalling my original installation of FSX and all addons in order to install the steam edition and reinstall all my addons.  I have Windows 10 and could not find any ORBX entries in the Uninstall/Install list.  What's the correct way to uninstall my FTX addons?  Thanks.   Tom 

There is a step-by-step guide somewhere here in the forum...

But when you anyhow reinstall FSX you just have to delete the ORBX folder -there should not be any entries of ORBX products in the registry.

Just be sure that all FSX boxed entries are deleted in windows registry to avoid conflicts with FSX SE. A safer way would be a clean Windows 10 installation...avoids any headache.

I can only encourage the switch  - I did it some months ago and the performance is definitely better. In case you use products like ADE to edit airports, be aware that FSX SE does not contain the SDK I believe. You can download the P3D 1.4 SDK instead.

Thomas

no, in order to make changes to the registry, you would have to use the regedit tool which needs to be started in the command line.

If you do not have the knowledge to make changes there, I strongly advise that you use a clear Windows installation to switch from FSX to FSX SE. At the end it takes you less time, believe me. If you have this clear windows installation, calibrate your joystick, do all the windows updates and make a backup with a program like ACRONIS, so you can revert to a blank windows installation within minutes in the future.

Archived