DIsappearing textures at Bow Island Airport

Bermuda425

Not sure this will work but you have duplicate files for CEF3. If you go into the ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS/Scenery file and delete 2 files:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CEF3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CEF3_CVL.bgl files this may help fix the problem. If it still persists let me know and I will recompile for the next update.

This should also remove the bush on the apron.

Larry

22 hours ago, ramonb said:

Hello

This is just a guess if you are using P3D v3

Check the airport BGL with ADE and make sure the Draw Surface Flag and Draw Detail are set for Taxi paths.

Thank you Ramon for your advise! I'll try it.

20 hours ago, larryisenor said:

Not sure this will work but you have duplicate files for CEF3. If you go into the ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS/Scenery file and delete 2 files:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CEF3.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_CEF3_CVL.bgl files this may help fix the problem. If it still persists let me know and I will recompile for the next update.

This should also remove the bush on the apron.

Larry

Hi Larry,

I already deleted these two duplicate files earlier when I saw the topic about the bush on the apron. So this is not the cause. For testing purpose I now exchanged the two ADEX files with the older ADE files I deleted earlier and will tell you if it makes a difference.

Greetings!

Tested it now. The bush and the disappearing asphalt aren't matter of duplicate files. With the older ADE files, the bush is present and asphalt disappears (see screenshot below). Without older ADE files, but with ADEX files instead, the bush is gone and only asphalt disappears.

I couldn't check what Ramon suggested, because I don't get the file to open?

2016-2-20_16-11-13-354.jpg

Also, in this screenshot post of mine, you can see that the bush is gone when using the ADEX files. Anyway, the asphalt disappears only when being close enough, which is why it can be seen it the shots.

It does look like a P3D compile problem so I will recompile the flle for P3D and send it with the next updates (Neil says about mid March).Let me know if you find any more of these in your travels. Some of the early airports were not compiled for P3D and this usually causes the missing taxiways. It's easy to fix but there is no indication in the file if they were done or not.

Larry

On 20.2.2016 at 8:36 PM, larryisenor said:

It does look like a P3D compile problem so I will recompile the flle for P3D and send it with the next updates (Neil says about mid March).Let me know if you find any more of these in your travels. Some of the early airports were not compiled for P3D and this usually causes the missing taxiways. It's easy to fix but there is no indication in the file if they were done or not.

Larry

Hi Larry,

I think I found another one, but it's not as obvious. CAP9 Appleton Field has disappearing textures at the beginning of runway 33. However, I only saw them when taxiing close enough to the end of this runway, while for example on approach I didn't see it.

2016-2-26_14-52-39-232.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You mean the asphalt apron in shot 2, right? In shot 2 I can see it, but when moving slightly to the right, everything disappears so it looks like in shot 3. Only meadow and road remain. You can also see it in the 4th shot in this screenshot topic, where I fly next to the helicopters:

Archived