Installed Norway all scenery now shimmers

halwatk

This morning I installed the Norway region. Now I'm getting shimmering in all scenery especially the trees. This happens in Norway and every other scenery even when default scenery is enabled in FTX central. Please help.

Hal Watkins (halwatk)

Order# FSS0462131

Hi Hal,

there is nothing different in FTX Norway with regards to model types and texture formats to the default scenery so it's difficult to think of causes how installing NOR would have been able to affect your display quality. Moreover, neither NOR nor FTX Central make any background changes to the FSX/P3D scenery display settings.

What specifically do you mean by "shimmering"? If you're talking about flickering along the edges of textured models then that's usually influenced by the anti-aliasing and other settings in your graphics card drivers (e.g., NVIDIA control panel).

Cheers, Holger

OK. I will pursue other possible causes. I just can't understand why this suddenly happened with no apparent change in settings. The main offenders are autogen trees. It's difficult to describe: shimmering? sparkling? If I use photoreal scenery, no problem. At any rate, thank you for your response and for your great work!

Hal

Archived